LINGUIST List 30.1550
Mon Apr 08 2019
Jobs: English; Catalan; Spanish; General Linguistics; TESOL: Instructor, Open University of Catalonia
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Gema Ballesteros <convocatoriapdc
English; Catalan; Spanish; General Linguistics; TESOL: Instructor, Open University of Catalonia E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Open University of Catalonia (UOC)
Department: Centre for Modern Languages
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.uoc.edu/portal/en/index.html
Job Title: Online Instructor in English as a Foreign Language
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; TESOL
Required Language(s): Catalan-Valencian-Balear (cat) English (eng) Spanish (spa)
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya is looking for course instructors for the English courses to be run by the Centre for Modern Languages during the academic year 2019/2020.
Online English language teacher for the Centre for Modern Languages at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)
- University degree.
- Post-graduate qualification in Teaching of English as a foreign language/CALL.
- Continued professional development in English language teaching/CALL (completion of teacher training courses, participation in workshops/conferences etc.)
- Teaching experience with university students/adults.
- Experience in distance learning/teaching, especially in virtual learning environments.
- Advanced ICT skills (text editors, spreadsheet programs, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of online communication tools for online collaborative work (forums, chat, wikis, blogs, Skype or other VoiP applications, etc.).
- Initiative, good communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team in innovative contexts.
- Excellent level of English (native or level C2).
- Basic knowledge of Catalan or Spanish.
Interested candidates should visit the "Join our team" section of the website at the application link provided below, where you can find the terms and conditions for working with us:
-Selection process: http://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/colaboradors_escola/procesDeSeleccio.html
-Selection criteria: http://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/colaboradors_escola/criterisDeSeleccio.html
-Functions and conditions: http://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/colaboradors_escola/funcionsICondicions.html
To take part in the selection process, you need to register as a candidate in the "Join our team" section. Once registered, you can apply from the candidate area.
Application Deadline: 02-May-2019
Web Address for Applications: http://www.uoc.edu/opencms_colaboradors/opencms/EN/treballa/_events/solicitud.html?idOferta=55868
Ms. Gema Ballesteros
Page Updated: 08-Apr-2019