LINGUIST List 30.1630
Mon Apr 15 2019
Jobs: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics: Researcher, Verilogue
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Tiffany Ford <Tiffany.Ford
Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics: Researcher, Verilogue E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Verilogue
Department: Client Services
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.verilogue.com/
Job Title: Researcher, Linguistic Insights and Analytics
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Verilogue is seeking an enthusiastic language and discourse specialist to join our team of healthcare communication experts. The ideal candidate will have training in interactional sociolinguistics (e.g., conversation analysis, narrative analysis, ethnographic methods, sociolinguistic fieldwork, etc.), the ability to identify and clearly communicate research insights to internal teams and clients, and the nimbleness required to juggle academic theory and business sensibility. Additionally, candidates should have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as an interest in working directly with Verilogue’s clients.
Verilogue’s mission is to inspire communication that makes a positive impact on healthcare practitioners, patients, and their families. We live in the heart of the conversation and draw insight from interactions with the human in mind. As a member of our insights and analytics group, you will create understanding and empathy around individuals’ interactional and interpersonal needs – for our clients and for our sister agency partners. Your research on physician-patient conversations will help our clients be a “fly-on-the-wall” in the exam-room and your insights will inspire them to improve disease education, build treatment awareness, and establish trusting relationships in the healthcare space.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
As a researcher, you won’t have to worry about transcribing your own data, but we will look to you to:
- Analyze conversations between healthcare professionals and patients.
- Synthesize linguistic patterns into coherent and meaningful insights for client marketing research teams.
- Manage project logistics to ensure that the work meets our clients’ goals and is delivered on time
- Share research findings with internal and client audiences through written reports (PowerPoint) and in-person presentations.
In addition to being intensely curious about language, we also expect our researchers to have:
- Polished writing and presentation skills.
- A strong sense of initiative, independence, and ingenuity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- An innate sense of organization and an aptitude for project management
- A strong interest in understanding and addressing complex research questions.
- A commitment to promised deadlines.
- An interest in the healthcare industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- BA/BS degree in linguistics, or other related fields with advanced coursework in linguistics
- 0-2 years of work experience in a professional business environment.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 20% of a working month.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry or specific health-related conditions is a plus.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Research experience using the principles of sociolinguistics is preferred.
To apply, please send a resume, and an optional cover letter, to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: tiffany.ford
HR Generalist Tiffany Ford
Page Updated: 15-Apr-2019