LINGUIST List 30.1662
Tue Apr 16 2019
Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/Japan
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Ai Mizoguchi <ninjal_icpp
6th NINJAL International Conference on Phonetics and Phonology E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 6th NINJAL International Conference on Phonetics and Phonology
Short Title: NINJAL ICPP 2019
Date: 13-Dec-2019 - 15-Dec-2019
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact Person: Ai Mizoguchi
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://crosslinguistic-studies.ninjal.ac.jp/prosody/?page_id=1169&lang=en
Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology
Call Deadline: 15-Aug-2019
We are very pleased to announce the 6th NINJAL International Conference on Phonetics and Phonology (NINJAL ICPP 2019) to be held in Tachikawa, Tokyo on December 13-15, 2019. This three-day conference is jointly organized by NINJAL’s collaborative research project “Cross-Linguistic Studies of Japanese Prosody and Grammar” and by UCSC’s grant on SPOT (Syntax-Prosody in OT).
NINJAL ICPP 2019 features the following two main topics:
(a) Lexical pitch accent systems around the world
(b) Interface between prosody and syntax/information structure
The following speakers have been invited to give talks on the topics:
Ryan Bennett (UC Santa Cruz)
Gorka Elordieta (University of the Basque Country)
Carlos Gussenhoven (Radboud University Nijmegen)
José Hualde (University of Illinois)
Larry Hyman (UC Berkeley)
Shinichiro Ishihara (Lund University)
Junko Ito (UC Santa Cruz)
Armin Mester (UC Santa Cruz)
Sara Myrberg (Lund University)
Lisa Selkirk (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
Draga Zec (Cornell university)
Call for Papers:
We welcome poster presentations in these research areas as well as other research areas in phonetics/phonology. We will have two poster sessions: one is thematic (the main themes above) and the other is non-thematic (any topic related to phonetics/phonology).
Rules for Abstract Submission:
- The official language of the conference is English.
- A single individual may submit only one abstract for which s/he is the sole or ﬁrst author.
- Abstracts should be on A4 (or letter) size paper, typed on one side of the page only.
- Leave margins of 2.5cm (1 inch) on all four sides of the page. Type in 12-point font.
- Do not put your name or affiliation on your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 1 page, inclusive of figures, tables, and references.
- Please save your abstract both as a Word file [using the file name “ICPP2019_Your surname.docx” or “ICPP2019_Your surname.doc”] and as a pdf file [using the file name “ICPP2019_Your surname.pdf”].
- To submit your abstract, please send an e-mail message with both files attached to ninjal_icpp
ninjal.ac.jp. Please write “ICPP abstract” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
- The submission deadline is August 15, 2019. Notification of acceptance will be sent in September 2019.
Oral presentations will be by invitation only. We will not be accepting abstracts for oral presentations.
For graduate students who are the sole or first author of a presentation, the organizers anticipate being able to cover transportation expenses within Japan and lodging expenses, at least in part, but please understand that all public institutions in Japan are facing budget reductions.
For more information, see our website: http://crosslinguistic-studies.ninjal.ac.jp/prosody/?page_id=1217&lang=en
Please contact us at ninjal_icpp
ninjal.ac.jp if you have any questions.
Page Updated: 16-Apr-2019