LINGUIST List 30.1678
Wed Apr 17 2019
Jobs: English; Philosophy of Language; Semantics: Post Doc, University of Konstanz
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Thomas Müller <Thomas.Mueller
English; Philosophy of Language; Semantics: Post Doc, University of Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Konstanz
Department: Department of Philosophy
Job Location: Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Web Address: https://www.philosophie.uni-konstanz.de/
Job Title: Post Doc in Philosophy
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Philosophy of Language; Semantics; Conditionals
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Post-Doctoral Position in Theoretical Philosophy, University of Konstanz, Germany; Deadline: May 5, 2019
See the full description at the application link provided below.
Reference 2019/086. The start date is July 1st, 2019 or by agreement. The position is available for three years. (full-time 100%, E 13 TV-L)
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative since 2007
The position is available as part of the project “Different kinds of conditionals: Coin tosses and kangaroos in the forest of alternative possibilities”, funded by the DFG (German National Science Foundation). The project studies the role of time and different kinds of possibilities for the philosophical and linguistic analysis of conditionals. The project continues a successful research cooperation between philosophy and linguistics at Konstanz (research group “What if?”). The Post-Doctoral position is situated in the group of Prof. Müller (Theoretical Philosophy) at the Department of Philosophy, University of Konstanz. The group’s working languages are German and English; fluency in German is not required.
- Conducting research on conditionals in the context of the project
- Establishing connections between formal-logical and linguistic approaches
- Publishing research results
- Presenting project results at workshops and conferences
- Assistance for visitors at the project
- Organization of workshops
- Teaching is not obligatory, but is possible in cooperation with the Department of Philosophy
- A completed university degree in a relevant field (philosophy, possibly also linguistics or logic)
- A strong PhD in a relevant field (the PhD must be completed to start the position)
- Publishing experience will be of advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English
- An interest in formal methods and in interdisciplinary research
- An open, motivated research group in Theoretical Philosophy with interdisciplinary interests and with a good international network
- Opportunities for further collaboration with groups in philosophy and in linguistics
- The possibility to expand your research CV
- A great environment
Inquiries can be directed to Prof. Dr. Thomas Müller at the contact information provided below.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents by May 5, 2019 via our Online application portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/
). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).
Application Deadline: 05-May-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/9c41c656b8394eed041de731f44eab987833fe39
Prof. Thomas Müller
Phone: +49 7531 88-2567
Page Updated: 17-Apr-2019