LINGUIST List 30.1774
Thu Apr 25 2019
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Full Professor, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
***************** LINGUIST List Support *****************
Fund Drive 2019
29 years of LINGUIST List!
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Full Professor, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, South Korea E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Seoul Campus)
Department: The Department of English Linguistics & Language Technology (ELLT)
Job Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Web Address: http://ellt.hufs.ac.kr/
Job Title: Hiring the professor for communicative English classes to ELLT students
Job Rank: Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; English Linguistics; English Education; English Interpretation
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Hiring the professor for communicative English classes to ELLT students.
The Department of English Linguistics & Language Technology (ELLT) at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Seoul Campus) is looking for a qualified candidate to teach communicative English classes.
- Application Period: April 25 to May 08, 2019
- Interview dates: Candidates should be available for an interview (in person or online) from May 16 ~ May 20, 2019.
- Job starting date: Sep. 01, 2019
- Teach full-time communicative English classes to ELLT students
- Professors are required to teach a minimum of 12 hours (overtime is offered occasionally)
- 16-week semesters
- One-year, renewable contract
- Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree or Ph.D. (degree holders in English Linguistics, English literature, English interpretation, or English education preferred).
- A candidate with a master’s degrees must have a minimum of two years’ experience at a college or university.
- Monthly salary of 3,498,600 KRW for 12 hours a week during the semester, plus a monthly housing stipend (The salary will be higher depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences)
- Paid vacation
Documents required for the interview:
- Cover letter
- Research/publications list in English
- At least one letter of reference
- Please submit the all the required documents at one time by email before 5 PM, May 08, 2019 to hufs_elg
- For further inquiries, please send us a note to the same account.
- Please write your name, highest degree held, and years of experience in the subject of the email. (For example: Julia Lopez, MA TESOL, 3 years)
- Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Note: If selected for an interview, candidates will need to bring a full application package to the interview, which includes:
- Certificates of employments (with weekly teaching hours for part-time work)
- Copy of the information page of your passport
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back), if currently employed in Korea
- Copy of your university degrees (originals should be brought to the interview)
- Copy of your university transcripts (originals should be brought to the interview)
- Research publication list
- Resume or CV
- 3 photos
- And if coming with family members:
- Marriage certificate
- Children’s birth certificates
- Photos of family members
- Copies of passport
Application Deadline: 08-May-2019
Email Address for Applications: hufs_elg
Page Updated: 25-Apr-2019