LINGUIST List 30.2756
Mon Jul 15 2019
Support: General Linguistic; Text/Corpus Linguistics;Typology: PhD, CNRS
Editor for this issue: Yiwen Zhang <yiwenlinguistlist.org>
Tatiana Nikitina <tavnik
General Linguistic; Text/Corpus Linguistics;Typology: PhD, CNRS, France E-mail this message to a friend
Web Address: http://llacan.vjf.cnrs.fr/
Duties: Research,Project Work
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Typology
Applications are invited for a Research Assistant position in the ERC-funded project “Discourse reporting in African storytelling” (PI: Tatiana Nikitina). The assistant will be a full time member of the project, and should expect to divide their time between project-related tasks and work on their individual doctoral research project. Preference will be given to projects involving the study of aspects of discourse reporting in one or more under-described African languages; candidates planning to conduct their own fieldwork are especially encouraged to apply.
The position is for two years, renewable for another year upon budgetary approval. The salary is between 1600 and 1750 euros per month depending on experience and qualifications; standard social security benefits included.
The position is funded by a grant from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. The researcher will be affiliated with LLACAN, a vibrant community of experts in African languages and linguistics. LLACAN is located in the southern suburbs of Paris (reachable by metro and other public transport). More information about the project can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/speechreporting/about-the-project
- An MA degree in Linguistics or a related field by the start date;
- Not yet enrolled in a doctoral program but willing to do doctoral-level research;
- Ready to relocate to France (or already living in France);
- Ability and willingness to work in a team, and to spend some of their time on various project-related tasks;
- Previous experience with ELAN and/or computational skills will be considered a strong advantage.
Applicants should submit a single .pdf file containing the following items:
- A letter of motivation;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A research proposal on a topic relevant to the project (up to 2 pages);
- Up to two publication samples or recent drafts (including the MA thesis if available);
- The names and addresses of three referees willing to provide a confidential reference letter upon request;
- An MA transcript or a statement on courses taken.
The review of applications will begin on August 31, 2019. The position’s preferred starting date is January 5, 2020 (negotiable).
Email address for applications:
(please include “RA search 2019” in the subject line)
Further inquiries can be sent to:
Tatiana Nikitina, tavnik
Applications Deadline: 30-Aug-2019
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Tatiana Nikitina
7 rue Guy Moquet BP 8
Web Address for Applications: https://sites.google.com/view/speechreporting/calls-and-openings
Page Updated: 15-Jul-2019