LINGUIST List 30.3764
Fri Oct 04 2019
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonology: Phonologist, Appen
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Jon Carlo Frayna <jcfrayna
English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonology: Phonologist, Appen E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://appen.com
Job Title: Work from home Phonologist
Job Rank: Other; Phonologist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonology
Required Language(s): English (eng)
You will provide language-specific linguistic support to help improve TTS voice quality.
This may include:
- Listening to and evaluating audio (live or recorded) for quality, consistency, and correspondence between phonetic transcription and spoken or generated utterances
- Helping production team with most appropriate pronunciation/transcription of common, difficult, or foreign words
- Suggesting vocal techniques to alter phonation
- Conduct quality assurance of recorded prompts (misalignment, punctuation fixes, etc)
- Native speaker of target language
- Fluent in English
- Master's degree or higher in linguistics, with focus on phonetics, phonology, or other speech science
- Proficiency with narrow phonetic transcription using either IPA or X-SAMPA
To apply, please visit the application link provided below.
Once you have registerd via Appen Connect, please look for Project Ivindo-LC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Deadline: 04-Nov-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://connect.appen.com/qrp/public/jobs?sref=bffa7301267b8b23eab461e8ae155abd
Mr Jon Carlo Frayna
Page Updated: 04-Oct-2019