LINGUIST List 30.3769
Mon Oct 07 2019
Support: Language Acquisition: PhD, Carnegie Mellon University
Editor for this issue: Yiwen Zhang <yiwenlinguistlist.org>
Vera Lampley <vl2p
Language Acquisition: PhD, Carnegie Mellon University, USA E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Modern Languages
Web Address: https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/modlang/
Institution/Organization: Carnegie Mellon University
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb) Chinese, Mandarin (cmn) French (fra) German (deu) Italian (ita) Japanese (jpn) Russian (rus) Spanish (spa)
The Department of Modern Languages, at Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for its PhD program in Second Language Acquisition.
The ideal candidate will
- Hold an MA in linguistics, a foreign language, cognitive science or a related field.
- Be proficient in a second language such that the candidate can teach language
courses offered through the department (e.g., Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian,
Japanese, Russian, Spanish).
- Have an interest in one (or more) of the program’s four major research areas: 1) literacy development in a second language; 2) social dimensions of learning a second language; 3)
instruction and learning of a second language; 4) cognitive aspects of a second language.
Applications must be submitted online and include
- Current GRE scores
- Current TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Transcripts of undergraduate and previous graduate studies
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of research area interest and career goals
- A writing sample
Carnegie Mellon University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications
from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Application Deadline: see below
Applications Deadline: 01-Dec-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://apply-dc-mcs.mcs.cmu.edu/apply/?sr=2c2c8534-1c5b-4eb6-9ff5-2e57a29913b1
Page Updated: 07-Oct-2019