LINGUIST List 30.39
Sat Jan 05 2019
Calls: Applied Linguistics/USA
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Okim Kang <okim.kang
Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching 2019 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching 2019
Short Title: PSLLT 2019
Date: 12-Sep-2019 - 14-Sep-2019
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
Contact Person: Okim Kang
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://psllt2019nau.wordpress.com/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Call Deadline: 05-Apr-2019
The 11th annual Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching (PSLLT) Conference will be held September 12-14, 2019 at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ. PSLLT is an annual meeting that brings together language teachers and researchers who share an interest in second language pronunciation.
The theme for PSLLT 2019 will be Interdisciplinary Intersections in Pronunciation Learning and Teaching, with keynote speaker Prof. Doug Biber (Northern Arizona University).
The conference will be preceded by a free L2 pronunciation research workshop on September 12, 2019. There will be a Language Learning Roundtable Discussion session on September 14, 2019.
Oral/poster presentation abstracts and teaching tip proposals will be accepted Jan. 3 (now) – Apr. 5, 2019. Please see the attached call for more details, or visit our PSLLT conference (https://psllt2019nau.wordpress.com/
) page for more information.
Okim Kang, Shelley Staples, and Ally Kermad
PSLLT 2019 Organizers
Call for Papers:
September 12-14, 2019 | Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
The PSLLT Conference has three main types of presentations:
- Oral Presentations (20 minutes + 5 minutes of questions)
- Posters (a dedicated 90-minute poster presentation session)
- Teaching Tips (10 minute, evidence- based pedagogical approaches to teaching pronunciation in a dedicated time-slot)
For all types of presentations, abstracts should be no more than 300 words. The proposal submission process is now open and will close April 5, 2019.
You may submit your abstract at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/PSLLT2019/
Please also visit our PSLLT 2019 webpage at https://psllt2019nau.wordpress.com/
We invite proposals for oral and poster presentations on all topics related to any aspect of second language pronunciation research, teaching, and learning. We also welcome papers which prioritize interdisciplinarity within Applied Linguistics.
Papers may work within the following topics:
- effect of L1 on L2 pronunciation
- intelligibility in global contexts
- measurements of speech properties for L2 learners
- perception of accentedness, intelligibility and comprehensibility
- pronunciation and second language learning
- pronunciation and second language teaching
- pronunciation and communication in the workplace
- pronunciation and other areas of Applied Linguistics (e.g., assessment, corpus linguistics, pragmatics, psycholinguistics)
Page Updated: 05-Jan-2019