LINGUIST List 30.391
Wed Jan 23 2019
Calls: Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Ling & Literature, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Ghana
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Elvis Yevudey <linguisticsgh
12th Linguistics Association of Ghana Annual Conference E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 12th Linguistics Association of Ghana Annual Conference
Short Title: LAG 2019
Date: 31-Jul-2019 - 02-Aug-2019
Location: Tarkwa, Ghana
Contact Person: Elvis Yevudey
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2019
Abstracts are invited for the 12th Linguistics Association of Ghana Annual Conference (LAG 2019), scheduled for July 31 – August 02, 2019 at the University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa, Ghana.
The theme of the conference is ''African Languages and Literature in a Digital Age''.
It is expected that the discussions will focus on the following sub-themes:
- Language for Specific Purposes
- Corpus linguistics
- Academic Language and Learning
- Effective Language Uses
- Language Teaching and Learning
- Indigenous Language Usage
- Discourse Analysis
- Language and Politics
- Language Endangerment
- Language and Communication
- Cultural Linguistics
- Language and Literature
Early Bird Registration:
Local regular members: GhC 300.00
Local non-members: GhC 400.00
Regular international members: $120
Students/Non-salaried members: GhC 200.00
Students/Non-salaried non-members: GhC 250.00
Local regular members: GhC 350.00
Local non-members: GhC 450.00
Regular international members: $150
Students/Non-salaried members: GhC 250.00
Students/Non-salaried non-members: GhC 300.00
Registration fee covers provision of conference materials, tea breaks and lunch. Please note that registration fee does not cover accommodation.
Deadline for Abstract Submission: Tuesday, March 31, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: Saturday, April 10, 2019
Call for Papers:
Abstracts from core areas of linguistics such as Phonetics, Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Applied Linguistics, and Sociolinguistics are also strongly encouraged and expected.
- Anonymous single-spaced abstracts addressing the theme of the Conference and other areas of Linguistics mentioned above should be sent electronically to: linguisticsgh
- Author details including names, title of paper, institutional affiliations and e-mail addresses should be sent on a separate sheet to the same address.
- Abstracts should be in word format and an additional PDF format should be provided for abstracts containing special characters or figures.
Each paper will be allocated 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
Poster presentations are also welcome. Please indicate on your abstract whether it should be considered for oral presentation or poster.
Type of presentation:
Word Limit of Abstract: 250 words
Page Updated: 23-Jan-2019