LINGUIST List 30.4181
Tue Nov 05 2019
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Education
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
A Professor Ramona Tang <head.ell
English; Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Education, Singapore E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: National Institute of Education
Department: English Language and Literature Academic Group
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Web Address: https://www.nie.edu.sg/
Job Title: Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics (English Language and Literature Academic Group)
The English Language and Literature Academic Group (ELL AG) at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is committed to high-quality research and innovative teaching in the areas of English language and linguistics, literature, and English teacher education. We have a strong team of highly dedicated faculty members engaged in cutting-edge disciplinary, interdisciplinary, and education research, and committed to bringing theoretically-robust and practice-relevant perspectives to our classrooms. As an academic department within an institution devoted to teacher education, a key thrust of ELL is to develop impactful research and teaching in partnership with schools and teachers, and our mission is to develop critically-engaged, socially-responsible, knowledgeable, and passionate individuals and English teachers for the 21st century.
The ELL AG invites qualified applicants to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of applied linguistics.
Applicants should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Language Teaching Approaches
- Corpus Linguistics
- Research Methodology
In addition, applicants must have:
- A relevant doctorate degree from a university of good international standing,
- An established track record of research and relevant publications in reputable peer-reviewed international journals,
- An established record of excellent teaching in a relevant area at undergraduate or graduate levels (preferably both),
- A willingness to teach/support the work of colleagues beyond one’s niche area of expertise.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- contribute to teaching and course development at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as related activities such as the supervision of teaching practice, and thesis supervision,
- develop a strong research agenda and maintain a strong publication record,
- undertake administrative and/or leadership roles and to contribute to other service-related activities at the academic group or institution level,
- establish partnerships with local and international researchers and practitioners to explore avenues for research and teaching that will create an impact in the discipline and/or educational practice.
Please submit your application together with the following documents to us through the application link provided below:
- A cover letter
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes work experience, qualifications, teaching experience, research accomplishments, and service records. A full publication list in APA format (with the most recent publication listed first) should be included. Journal articles, book chapters, books, conference proceedings, etc. should be listed clearly under separate headings.
- A statement of research interests
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, evidence of teaching excellence, and student feedback on teaching
- Three sample publications
- Names, addresses, and email addresses of three academic referees
The closing date for applications is 31 December 2019 or until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to Associate Professor Ramona Tang, Head of ELL, at the contact information below.
Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2019 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Assistant-Professor-in-Applied-Linguistics--NIE-_R00000470
A Professor Ramona Tang
Page Updated: 05-Nov-2019