LINGUIST List 30.4270
Sun Nov 10 2019
Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Pragmatics, Psycholing/Russia
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Svetlana Tischenko <conference.iiyamt
Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration
Date: 22-Apr-2020 - 23-Apr-2020
Location: Pyatigorsk, Russia
Contact Person: Svetlana Tischenko
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics
Call Deadline: 20-Mar-2020
We are pleased to inform you that after two successful sessions of the International Conference “Language and Culture in the Era of Scientific Knowledge and Professional Education Integration” The Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism (Pyatigorsk State University, the Russian Federation) is proud to present the fourth edition of it.
The Conference is scheduled to be held from 22nd to the 23rd of April, 2020 at the Institute of Foreign Languages and International Tourism in Pyatigorsk State University. The main objective of the Conference is to unite scholars and foreign language teachers in their efforts to study theoretical and practical aspects of linguistics along with the issues of linguistic and cross-cultural education in the perspective of efficient professional training.
I, being the supervisor of the event, cordially invite you to come and join hands with us to make this event more worthy.
The Conference deliberations will be on the following themes:
1. Contemporary linguistics in the context of globalization:
- Language as a means of expressing ethnicity and cultural identity
- Issues of interpersonal and cross-cultural interaction under the impact of globalization
- Dynamics of migration and social tensions in linguistic perspective
2. Integration strategies in the development of foreign and domestic educational systems:
- Teaching foreign languages for specific purposes as a part international education programs
- Problems and prospects of inclusive higher education
3. Key tasks of pedagogical linguistics under the conditions of higher education professionalization:
- Up-to-date methods and innovative technologies in foreign language teaching
- Linguacentric and anthropocentric paradigm in professional training
- Language testing: current problems and possible solutions
- Foreign language teaching as a means of professional communication across cultures
4. Multipolarity of contemporary linguistic studies:
- Problems of professional communication and terminology
- Cognitive perspective in the research of language units
- Corpus and computer technologies in the research of linguistic facts
- Verbal cognitive activities in the focus of psycholinguistics
- Discoursology as a branch of communicative linguistics
- Pragmalinguistic studies into the aspects of text and discourse
The Conference will examine research and development of the above listed issues both locally and internationally.
At the same time the event will not only incorporate extensive discussions, it will consist of additional workshops, guest speaker sessions and scintillating social events, that will help scholars and educators develop networks and transform their ideas into valid research projects.
It is an honor and privilege to invite you to participate in the Conference as a plenary or panel speaker. We believe that your contribution to this field is unparalleled and a talk on any topic within the above presented range of issues will be of great benefit.
Form of participation: on-campus/ remote
Working languages of the conference: Russian, English, German, Spanish and Italian
Publication of the materials is planned in April, 2020.
Call for Papers:
Articles should be sent before 20th March 2020 to the following e-mail address: conference.iiyamt
pgu.ru with a mark «Conference 2020» in the field ''Subject''.
Registration Form is enclosed in Appendix 1.
Materials for publication should be arranged according to the regulations presented in Appendix 2.
Everyone attending the meeting is expected to register. Compliance is important for keeping our fees affordable. Only those who register will be allowed to present papers, attend presentations and workshops. Registrants should wear their meeting badges at all times when at Conference functions. Registration fee is 25 € for foreign attendees and it covers publication of the article up to 8 pages (about 1500-2000 words) and mailing conference proceedings.
Foreign attendees pay their travel expenses, accommodation, food, banquet and sightseeing tour. Accommodation (B&B) at nearby hotels is approx. €45-50 per night, sightseeing tour will cost approx. €10-12, banquet is approx. €18-20.
Registration fee should be transferred via Western Union after the notification that submitted papers have been officially accepted. All the attendees need to pay the registration fee until 30th March deadline.
Please contact us with any questions conference.iiyamt
Conference Venue contact information:
Pyatigorsk State University (PSU)
9, Kalinina Avenue
+7 (928) 351-83-83
+7 (961) 488-82-60
1. Name: Mr./Ms.
4. Scientific degree
6. Mail address (with the postal code)
7. Mobile phone number
9. Presentation at the Conference Yes/No
10. Article publication Yes/No
11. Conference section
12. Title of the article / presentation
13. Necessary technical equipment Yes/No
14. Planning master-class Yes/No
15. Hotel booking Yes/No
16. Type of hotel accommodation
17. Sightseeing tour Yes/No
18. Banquet Yes/No
Pages from 5 to 8 (about 1250-2000 words). The text format: *.doc/docx. The page format: А4 (210х297mm). Left margin – 2 cm, upper margin – 2 cm, right margin – 2 cm, bottom margin – 2 cm. Font: size – 14; type – Times New Roman; space – 1,5. Justified alignment. Size range of drawings - 60x60 mm to 110x170mm (*jpg, *bmp). No page numbers, no page footnotes. Indent − 1 cm.
Use in the text end-to-end footnotes in square brackets in the form of the number corresponding to the number of this reference, e.g. . When using quotations you should indicate the page of the source, e.g. [3, p. 31] or [3, p. 31-32] (number, page).
References and endnotes are given at the end of the article under the title References (bold italics, centre alignment) and are made according to the order of mentioning in the article (not alphabetically).
The organizing committee reserves the right to review the articles and reject or return them if they require further elaboration. The authors are informed within 15 days after the article have been submitted.
St. Ann’s College, Hyderabad, India
MANAGEMENT IN TOURISM
The text ………………………………………………………………………………………
1. Jacob M., Strutt P. English for International Tourism. – Addison Wesley Longman Limited, 2007. – 127 p.
Page Updated: 10-Nov-2019