LINGUIST List 30.428
Fri Jan 25 2019
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Engineer, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Lea Mencner <lea.mencner
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Engineer, Nuance Communications E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Aachen, Germany OR Merelbeke, Belgium
Web Address: https://www.nuance.com/index.html
Job Title: NLU Annotation Data Engineer
Job Rank: Engineer; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
The Automotive Speech Research department is seeking a skilled and motivated
applied Research NLU Data Developer. The successful candidate will be a core
member of the Annotation Team, whose goal is to deliver data annotated with
semantic mark-up, domains, and intents. That data is used to improve the
accuracy and usability of Nuance’s cutting-edge speech recognition products.
You will be responsible for managing annotation data development projects,
working closely with other team members and natural language developers to
deliver high quality NLU data and annotation specs.
- Annotator training and communication, assigning work, task management
- Managing annotation, including using tools to report on quality and work
- Improve annotation guidelines and resolve ambiguity
- Work with researchers to improve data accuracy
- Develop next generation advanced annotation schema
Number of Years of Work Experience: 4+, promising graduates are encouraged to
- Experienced NLU annotator
- Familiarity with at least one of python, java, perl, shell scripts.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks to deliver on schedule with careful
attention to detail
- Communicates effectively in written and spoken English
- You must be able to work both collaboratively and independently, both in
person and with remote staff
- Comfortable working in Linux and familiarity with at least one of python,
java, Perl, shell scripts.
- Bilingual (or very familiar with many languages)
- Familiarity with natural language understanding or speech recognition
- Minimum of BS in Linguistics or computational linguistics, or equivalent,
Master’s degree preferred.
To apply, please see the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2019 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.nuance.com/job/merelbeke/nlu-annotation-data-engineer/843/10542406
Page Updated: 25-Jan-2019