LINGUIST List 30.4285
Mon Nov 11 2019
Jobs: Punjabi; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Productive Playhouse
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Laura Maccabee <info-linguist
Punjabi; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Productive Playhouse E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Productive Playhouse
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.productiveplayhouse.com
Job Title: Linguistic Consultant
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Punjabi (pan)
Consultant positions available for linguists with a BA or MA in Linguistics in pa-IN (Punjabi, India).
Productive Playhouse, a production company in Los Angeles, is currently undertaking projects for various languages and is seeking linguists who are native speakers of Punjabi for a language study.
We are seeking candidates who can commit at least 20 hours per week. All work is online and can be done from anywhere.
- Linguists will provide both general linguistic expertise and language-specific guidance as needed.
- Linguists are also expected to help review and revise language-specific guidelines, as well as help create rules for text normalization and verbalization in the target language.
- Linguists may be asked to transcribe/verify pronunciations in a web-based tool, according to language-specific phonemic transcription guidelines.
Specific Tasks Include:
- Phonology inventory
- Phonotactic rules
- Phonemic transcription
- Data annotation
- Evaluation of acoustic data
- Native-speaker of the target language and fluent in English
- Degree in Linguistics or Language-related fields with experience in
phonetics/phonology or speech
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
The work can be done online with some flexibility. If you are qualified and interested, please send a brief introductory email and a CV to the application email provided below, and please specify your availability (hours/week) and when you could start.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: info-linguist
Page Updated: 11-Nov-2019