LINGUIST List 30.4308
Wed Nov 13 2019
Calls: General Linguistics, Discipline of Linguistics / Babel: The Language Magazine (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Matt Evans <m.b.evans
General Linguistics, Discipline of Linguistics / Babel: The Language Magazine (Jrnl) E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Babel: The Language Magazine
Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics; General Linguistics
Call for Papers:
Babel is a popular magazine that covers languages and linguistics for a non-specialist readership. New issues are published in February, May, August and November of each year.
We are currently seeking contributions for our 2020 issues. We publish articles on all linguistic disciplines and topics, the only requirement being that they make current linguistic research accessible to our readers. Articles are between 1,500 and 3,500 words in length.
We are also seeking contributions for our regular features:
- Ask a Linguist: a linguist answers a question from a Babel reader (500 words).
- Languages of the World: a profile of an obscure or interesting language (around 1,000 words).
- Linguistic Horizons: a profile of an early-career researcher (1,000 words).
- Lives in Language: a profile of an important (deceased!) linguist (around 1,000 words).
- Meet the Professionals: an interview with someone in a linguistics-related career (around 1,000 words).
Pull-out poster - a visual guide to a topic or issue in linguistics, with 1,000 words of explanation and discussion of problems (e.g. mapping of the world's languages).
Please get in touch for contributor's guidelines and example articles, or to run an idea past our editors - babelthelanguagemagazine
Page Updated: 13-Nov-2019