LINGUIST List 30.4364
Sat Nov 16 2019
Calls: Cognitive Science/Spain
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Angeliki Athanasiadou <angath
Irony and Multimodality E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Irony and Multimodality
Date: 10-Sep-2020 - 10-Sep-2020
Location: Logroño, Spain
Contact Person: Angeliki Athanasiadou
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
Call Deadline: 25-Nov-2019
The theme session invites researchers working on irony combined with other modalities and how the resulting multimodality is realized in discourse. Multimodal irony as a fundamental figure in thought and language can be explored in various genres and types (advertising, political cartoons, comics, animation, newspapers, TV commercials,…) and in any social, cultural, political or ideological background.
Call for Papers:
Abstracts could be on (though not limited to) the topics below:
- verbal and/or situational multimodal irony;
- the role and the priority of modes in the expression of irony in both verbal and non-verbal modes;
- the way multimodal irony is used and interpreted;
- verbal and non-verbal irony clusters/chains in discourse;
- multimodal irony or sarcasm, satire, parody together with humor and/or hyperbole;
- multimodal irony and culture;
- ironic representation of emotions;
- is multimodal irony a preferred figure for a particular genre?
Proposals for abstracts are encouraged, both descriptive and/or theoretical, on the figure of irony that could account for its broader picture in conceptualization and expression.
Let me know if you would be interested in participating and, if so, please send me your abstract by November 25, 2019.
Page Updated: 16-Nov-2019