LINGUIST List 30.4447
Fri Nov 22 2019
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Manager, Associated Press
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Keisa Caesar <klcaesar
English; Computational Linguistics: Manager, Associated Press, New York, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Associated Press
Department: Human Resources
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: https://www.ap.org/en-us/
Job Title: Metadata Technology Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846,
AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
The Associated Press seeks a Metadata Technology Manager based in New York, NY.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Metadata Technology, the individual in this role will:
- Modernize our content enrichment platforms and capabilities to meet new opportunities and market needs while also serving the changing needs of our existing customers.
- Own content enrichment and ontology management.
- Review, transform, and maintain content enrichment and ontology management systems and workflows to meet evolving internal and external needs.
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver enhanced and goal-oriented content enrichment, management and discovery capabilities through AP’s platforms.
- Define, document, and implement policies regarding scope and goals of the AP ontology and content enrichment services.
- Maintain and develop ontologies and classifiers in keeping with policy and business needs.
- Manage projects with internal staff and contractors to implement ontology and classification solutions.
- Evangelize metadata across the organization, bring customer facing and back office teams together on metadata needs for the enterprise.
- Work closely with product, editorial, and technical teams to deliver ontologies and content enrichment capabilities to drive automation and business value.
- Partner with the Deputy Director of Data Sciences and the product owners to deliver the AP Metadata Services product.
- Experience designing and delivering ontologies for content management, content enrichment, and administrative functions.
- Experience planning and executing on large-scale rules-based or statistical classification projects.
- Experience working with a variety of statistical classifiers and NLP technologies and evaluating vendor offerings in the space.
- Ability to engage with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver on the content enrichment roadmap.
- Deep comprehension of relevant technical trends, machine learning/artificial intelligence and their evolving role in content management and discovery.
- Critical thinking skills to drive a full evaluation and transformation of content enrichment processes and workflows.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory.
- Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory. Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English is required.
Application deadline is 11:59pm EST on December 13, 2019
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Application Deadline: 13-Dec-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://careers.ap.org/job/New-York-Metadata-Technology-Manager-NY-10281/610191800/
HR Manager Keisa Caesar
Page Updated: 22-Nov-2019