LINGUIST List 30.4517
Fri Nov 29 2019
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Metadata Analyst, Associated Press
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Keisa Caesar <klcaesar
English; Computational Linguistics: Metadata Analyst, Associated Press, New York, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Associated Press
Job Location: New Hampshire, USA
Web Address: https://www.ap.org/en-us/
Job Title: Metadata Analyst
Job Rank: Metadata Analyst; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Associated Press seeks a Metadata Analyst based in New York, NY.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Metadata Technology, the individual in this role will:
Partner with the Metadata Technology Manager to deliver ontologies and content enrichment capabilities to drive automation and business value.
Create schema and metadata specifications for content management and enterprise projects.
- Create and maintain rules-based automated classification capabilities for internal content enrichment services and the AP Metadata Services product.
- Compile and refine training sets for statistical classifiers.
- Evaluate results and respond to user feedback to improve quality.
- Define, document, and implement policies regarding scope and goals of the AP content enrichment services.
- Engage on capital projects to deliver schema and metadata specifications for new services and solutions.
- Evangelize metadata across the organization, bring customer facing and back office teams together on metadata needs for the enterprise.
- Experience working with rules-based and statistical classifiers, as well as taxonomy management solutions, particularly Mondeca ITM.
- Experienced in applied, corpus and computational linguistics techniques and natural language processing technologies.
- Ability to engage with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver on the content enrichment roadmap.
- Familiarity with XML and JSON schema standards and practice.
- Experience developing XSLTs and XPROC pipelines.
- Critical thinking skills to deliver efficient specifications and recommendations that meet business requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and time management skills to deliver on deadlines.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory
- Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English
Application Deadline: 14-Dec-2019
Web Address for Applications: https://careers.ap.org/job/New-York-Metadata-Analyst-NY-10281/610541400/
HR Manager Keisa Caesar
Page Updated: 29-Nov-2019