LINGUIST List 30.4551
Mon Dec 02 2019
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Asst/Assoc Professor, Qatar University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Mark Scott <mscott
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Asst/Assoc Professor, Qatar University, Dhoa, Qatar E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Qatar University
Department: Department of English Literature and Linguistics
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Web Address: http://www.qu.edu.qa/artssciences/departments/dell-home
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Spanish
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Second Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Assistant/Associate Professor of Spanish- Department of English Literature and Linguistics
The Department of English Literature and Linguistics at Qatar University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Spanish to contribute to the department’s developing Spanish language minor. Candidates should possess a PhD in a related field and have previous experience teaching Spanish language at the university level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in the area of expertise
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
- Serve as student advisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
Ph.D. in one of the following areas: Spanish linguistics, literature, applied linguistics, or second language education with focus on Spanish, or related field by the time of appointment.
Candidates must have native or near-native proficiency in Spanish, a strong peer-reviewed publication record, show evidence of excellent teaching skills and have at least three years of post-doctoral Spanish teaching. They must have solid background in the field of Second/Foreign Language teaching and experience in the following:
- Curriculum development and assessment,
- Culturally appropriate teaching material design, and
- The use of technology in teaching Spanish
- Preference will be given to candidates with DELE examiner certification
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Research Profile with plans for future research
- Contact details of three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephone numbers)
- Academic transcript of the Highest Qualification
- Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply:
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website at the application link below to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website at the application link below and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Application Deadline: 30-Jan-2020
Web Address for Applications: https://careers.qu.edu.qa
Page Updated: 02-Dec-2019