LINGUIST List 30.46
Sun Jan 06 2019
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Instructor, Florida International University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Lydia Gonzalez <lygonzal
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Instructor, Florida International University, Qingdao, China E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Florida International University
Department: Modern Languages
Job Location: Qingdao, China
Web Address: https://dll.fiu.edu/
Job Title: Instructor of Spanish
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Culture
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
The Department of Modern Languages at Florida International University invites applications for a full-time instructor position in Spanish language (upper-level) as well as Spanish and Latin American culture, literature, and/or linguistics. The position is part of our dual Spanish B.A. program offered collaboratively with Qingdao University, in Qingdao, China, and is housed in Qingdao. Start date is mid-August, 2019. The position includes a teaching load of eight courses (four per semester) and coordinating responsibilities.
- Ph.D. (preferred) or ABD in Spanish.
- Native or near-native communicative competence in both Spanish and English.
- Excellent teaching credentials, with at least two years’ experience teaching advanced Spanish language and culture, linguistics, and/or literature courses in Spanish at the university level.
- The instructor should be well versed in task-based language teaching, communicative language teaching, and have experience working with adult Spanish language learners.
Qualified candidates should apply to Job Opening ID (516688) at the application link provided below and attach:
- A cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Diversity statement,
- Teaching philosophy statement,
- Sample syllabi,
- Sample assessments of learning or of examinations,
- Sample tasks or activities used in class with Spanish learners,
- Unofficial transcripts, all as one single pdf file.
- We also require candidates to send a copy of their complete application files to modlang
fiu.edu with the subject heading “Spanish Position.”
- Candidates are requested to provide three letters of reference upon submission of application; letter writers should please send their letters of reference to modlang
To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by February 15, 2019. Please send inquiries to Lydia Gonzalez at the contact information below. For more information on the FIU Department of Modern Languages, please visit http://languages.fiu.edu
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2019 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: modlang
Web Address for Applications: https://facultycareers.fiu.edu/?posting=516688
Page Updated: 06-Jan-2019