LINGUIST List 30.4775
Fri Dec 20 2019
Support: English; General Linguistics; Typology: PhD, Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Volker Gast <volker.gast
English; General Linguistics; Typology: PhD, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Thuringia, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: English and American Studies
Web Address: http://linktype.iaa.uni-jena.de/VG
Institution/Organization: Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Duties: Research,Teaching,Project Work
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Typology
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The English Department of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena invites applications for a PhD position in the area of English and comparative linguistics, with a focus on computer-assisted methods. The position is located in the working group ''Language and communication''. The initial funding period is three years but the contract is renewable, in accordance with the relevant legal regulations.
- A degree in English, comparative or general linguistics (MA or equivalent).
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, R) is desirable.
- Carry out research in the area covered by the working group ''Language and communication'' (e.g. corpus-based approaches to linguistic typology, computational approaches to contrastive linguistics) and write a dissertation in this field.
- Teach one course per semester in the BA-programme of the department.
- Participate in administrative tasks, e.g. as a member of committees.
- Participate in funding applications.
Applications should a CV, certificates, two letters of recommendation and samples of written work.
The Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applications Deadline: 21-Jan-2020
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Prof. Volker Gast
FSU Jena, English Department
Jena Thuringia 07743
Prof. Volker Gast
Phone:+49 6341 944546
Page Updated: 20-Dec-2019