LINGUIST List 30.502
Thu Jan 31 2019
Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/Japan
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Yasuaki Shinohara <y.shinohara
New Sounds 2019 - The 9th International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: New Sounds 2019 - The 9th International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech
Short Title: New Sounds 2019
Date: 30-Aug-2019 - 01-Sep-2019
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact Person: New Sounds 2019 Comittee
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.waseda.jp/assoc-ns2019/
Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology
Call Deadline: 07-Feb-2019
New Sounds 2019 (the 9th International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech) will take place from August 30 to September 1, 2019 at Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
New Sounds is a conference for researchers, teachers and learners to discuss issues related to phonetics and phonology in second/foreign languages. The conference will cover a variety of topics such as:
- Speech perception and production
- Theories and models of L2 speech learning
- Phonetics and phonology in SLA
- Acquisition of L2 phonology and phonotactics
- Multilingualism and the acquisition of additional languages
- Application of new technologies to pronunciation teaching and learning
- Sociolinguistic, psycholinguistic, and neurolinguistic aspects of L2 speech learning
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Prof. Valerie Shafer (The Graduate Center, CUNY)
- Prof. Pavel Trofimovich (Concordia University)
- Dr. Reiko Yamada (ATR)
Early Registration: March 1 - May 1, 2019
For updates on the conference, please visit the New Sounds 2019 website regularly: http://www.waseda.jp/assoc-ns2019/
New Sounds 2019 Chair: Tetsuo Harada
Conference Email: ns2019abs
2nd Call for Papers:
Proposals for papers and posters related to the acquisition of second language speech are invited. Oral presentations will be 20 minutes each.
Abstracts should contain: A title; a clear and explicit statement of the question(s) or issue(s) to be examined; a statement of the relevant research context and key references; a clear statement of the methodology adopted (if applicable); a summary of the conclusions reached; and an assessment of their significance. Each individual may submit up to two abstracts, but may only be first author on one of the abstracts (for example, 1 first-authored + 1 second/third+ authored abstract; or 2 second/third+ authored abstracts). These abstracts will be peer-reviewed anonymously. Authors may indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation. To ensure anonymity, abstracts should not contain excessive references to its authors’ publications or acknowledgements for grants or to granting agencies.
- Language: English
- Word length: Max 300 words. Do not include a list of references in the abstract.
- Deadline: February 7 (midnight), 2019* (online-submission system opens on November 1, 2018, GMT)
*The submission deadline has been extended to Feburary 7, 2019.
Submit your abstract through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=newsounds2019
1. You must have an EasyChair account, so please create your own account first.
2. Log in to EasyChair as an author.
3. Click ''New Submission'' and submit your abstract. To check your submission, click ''My Submissions''.
Page Updated: 31-Jan-2019