LINGUIST List 30.54
Sun Jan 06 2019
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Asst/Assoc Professor, Arizona State University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Spanish; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Asst/Assoc Professor, Arizona State University, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Arizona State University
Department: School of International Letters and Cultures
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: https://silc.asu.edu/
Job Title: Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor, Spanish
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Second Language Acquisition; Expertise in L2 face-to-face
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor, Spanish (Job# 12720)
Arizona State University
School of International Letters and Cultures
The School of International Letters & Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University (Tempe Campus) invites applications for a Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor in the area of Spanish Linguistics with a specialization in Second Language Acquisition/ Applied Linguistics and specific expertise in L2 face-to-face and/or online language program administration/coordination. Anticipated start date is June 1, 2019. Arizona State University is the nation’s leading major public university committed to inclusion and excellence in research and education. SILC’s Spanish L2 programs are increasing in size at a robust rate, and we seek a candidate who excels in teaching and administration to help advance the School’s programs to national prominence.
- Ph.D. in Second Language Acquisition/ Applied Linguistics/Foreign Language Education at the time of hire.
- Native or near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in developing face-to-face and/or online courses or programs
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership and supervision of Spanish Language Programs at the post-secondary level
- Research focus or interest in Applied Linguistics, teaching methodologies, CALL, or related area
- Demonstrated effectiveness in college-level teaching, including Spanish hybrid and/or online courses
- Knowledge of the ACTFL proficiency scale for foreign languages and its application in language programs
- Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
The successful candidate will be expected to coordinate the Spanish L2 language program; collaborate in training/mentoring teaching assistants; teach undergraduate courses; and participate in service to the school and university as appropriate in rank. Competitive salary, including summer stipend.
To apply, submit electronically to the application link provided below the following materials:
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A letter addressed to Prof. Sara Beaudrie, Search Committee Chair, outlining program administration experience, knowledge, and philosophy, L2 teaching philosophy and methodologies, and how the applicant's experiences fit the qualifications listed above;
- Two recent sets of student evaluations; and
- The names, positions, and contact information (including email addresses) of three references, who may be contacted by academicjobsonline at a later stage in the search.
Initial deadline for complete application is February 19, 2019; if not filled, review will continue every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
Application Deadline: 19-Feb-2019
Web Address for Applications: http://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13065
Dir. of Graduate Studies & Assoc Prof. Sara Beaudrie
Page Updated: 06-Jan-2019