LINGUIST List 30.94
Tue Jan 08 2019
Calls: Translation / The Journal of Specialised Translation (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Lucja Biel <l.biel
Translation / The Journal of Specialised Translation (Jrnl) E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: The Journal of Specialised Translation
Linguistic Field(s): Translation
Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2019
Call for Papers:
Non-thematic issue of the Journal of Specialised Translation (JoSTrans)
Issue 34, July 2020
JoSTrans, The Journal of Specialised Translation, is an electronic, open-access peer-reviewed journal bringing non-literary translation issues to the fore. Published bi-annually since 2004, it includes articles, reviews and streamed interviews by translation scholars and professionals. The journal is indexed with the main humanities bibliographies, including SCOPUS, ERIH Plus, MLA, Benjamins Translation Studies bibliography and Clarivate (formerly Thomson & Reuters) in Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Current Contents/Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences Citation Index, Journal Citation Reports/ Social Sciences Edition, Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences.
The Journal of Specialised Translation will publish the next non-thematic issue in July 2020. We invite innovative critical contributions dealing with any area or aspect of specialised translation, in particular:
- Features of specialised language
- General and practical issues in translation and interpreting
- Subject field translation issues, i.e. medical, legal, financial, multi-media, localisation, etc.
- Theoretical issues in specialised translation
- Aspects of training and teaching specialised translation
We welcome contributions of full length papers (between 5k-7k words including endnotes and references), reviews (500-800 words) and shorter, more practical pieces for the Translator's Corner section of the Journal. The journal style sheet can be downloaded from http://www.jostrans.org/style.php
We accept contributions in a range of languages, including minority languages, to provide a publishing opportunity for researchers of all nationalities. English abstracts are provided for all articles.
- All contributions will be peer-reviewed.
- Issue 34 (July 2020): submissions will be accepted between April 1, 2019 until June 30, 2019, with a decision on acceptance / rejection by the end of December 2019.
- Please send contributions to the editor-in-chief Łucja Biel at ed
jostrans.org with the Subject line JoSTrans Issue 34 by 30 June 2019.
Page Updated: 08-Jan-2019