LINGUIST List 31.1133
Tue Mar 24 2020
Jobs: English; Gujarati; Urdu; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Productive Playhouse
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Laura Maccabee <info-linguist
English; Gujarati; Urdu; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Productive Playhouse E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Productive Playhouse
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.productiveplayhouse.com
Job Title: Linguistic Consultants
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): English (eng) Gujarati (guj) Urdu (urd)
**This position has been filled.
Consultant positions available for linguists with a BA/MA in Linguistics, who are native speakers of one of the following languages:
- Urdu (India)
- Urdu (Pakistan)
- Gujarati (India)
- English (United States)
We are a production company in Los Angeles, currently undertaking projects for various languages and seeking linguists who are native speakers for a language study.
We are seeking candidates who can commit at least 20 hours per week. All work is online and can be done from anywhere.
- Linguists will provide both general linguistic expertise and language-specific guidance as needed.
- Linguists may be expected to help review and revise language-specific guidelines, as well as help create rules for text normalization and verbalization in the target language.
- Linguists may be asked to transcribe/verify pronunciations in a web-based
tool, according to language-specific phonemic transcription guidelines.
- Native-speaker of the target language and fluent in English
- Degree in Linguistics or Language-related fields with experience in phonetics/phonology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Great organizational skills
If you are qualified and interested, please send a brief introductory email and a CV to the email for applications below, and please specify your availability (hours/week) and when you could start.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: info-linguist
Manager Laura Maccabee
Page Updated: 24-Mar-2020