LINGUIST List 31.1134
Wed Mar 25 2020
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Vital Text Systems, USA
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Gordon Monk <gmonk
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Scientist, Vital Text Systems, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Vital Text Systems
Department: Language Science
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.vitaltextsystems.com
Job Title: Sr. Language Scientist
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; See US patent 9,678,949
Required Language(s): English (eng)
**This position has been filled
Vital Text Systems (VTS) is seeking an experienced Sr. Computational Linguistics Programmer with machine learning experience.
The position is full or part time, equity-only, and option to convert to FTE, paid employment, with VTS, immediately upon close of our next successful funding round. Primary location in Maine but remote work is acceptable.
Who You Are:
- You are always searching for meaning- not just in life, but in text.
- You’re excited about solving problems. No challenge is too great.
- You’ve got serious computational linguistics skills. NLP, and AI classifiers are nothing new to you.
- You’ve got solid communication and collaborative skills.
- You’re familiar with Agile methodology.
- You’re familiar with the Stanford NLP Parser and Java libraries
- You’ve got a Linguistics Masters (at least) or Ph.D. (preferred).
- You’re a US Citizen.
- You’re open to an equity-only position (at least, for the time-being).
Who We Are:
We’re a small startup that’s receiving some big attention from a few big players in the AI/Machine Learning space.
We work at a fast pace and we’re picking up speed. We also like to have a little fun.
The VTS founders are, a serial-entrepreneur/Sr. technology leader, a professor of linguistics, a Sr. computational linguistics programmer, a Director of strategy with more than 2 decades in cloud/web-based solutions, and three part-time sr. software engineers.
What We’re Doing:
We’re changing the world for the, more than 400 million, knowledge workers that generate high-value documents for organizations around the globe. By using AI classifiers and providing real-time linguistic analytics, we’re helping them significantly reduce textual ambiguities and craft linguistically hardened language in their documents.
Our tech stack includes Java, C#, React.js, .Net, and a few other goodies.
What We’ve Done (So Far):
- Received our software/systems patent in June, 2017
- Awarded over $350,000 in infrastructure credits by global technology provider.
- Top-to-bottom redesign of UI/UX
- EAU launch of a custom interface useful by a channel partner’s 28,000 customer base
- Launched our MS Word Add-in Analytics for MS Store deployment
- Launch of Early Access Users (EAU) program 12/21/2019
- Completed EAU targets 2/29/2020 with 400 registered users
What’s On The Near Horizon:
- Deploying to Serverless Architecture, adding analytics, focused on one Industrial Area – Technical documents.
- Seven additional areas identified for 2021 delivery or sooner.
- Moving to commercialization in 3Q2020 or before
- Presenting to Angel and other investor groups, nationwide
Sounds interesting? Then send your contact information and CV to inquiries
vitaltextsystems.com, or through Linguist List, we’ll do the rest.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications: inquiries
CEO Gordon Monk
Phone: 954 547 9759
Fax: The dog ate our fax
Page Updated: 25-Mar-2020