LINGUIST List 31.123
Wed Jan 08 2020
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior NLU Specialist, Cerence
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Lea Mencner <lea.mencner
Computational Linguistics: Senior NLU Specialist, Cerence, Turin, Italy E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Cerence
Job Location: Turin, Italy
Web Address: https://www.cerence.com
Job Title: Senior NLU Specialist
Job Rank: Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Cerence creates AI-powered assistants for cars to ensure a more entertaining, informative and safe journey for everyone. Natural language understanding is one of the most important technologies empowering the core of virtual assistant systems. The candidate will contribute to set up NLU knowledge of our world-wide language portfolio to deliver premium solutions to our automotive customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to NLU development in automotive projects.
- Analysis of customer requirements for realizing NLU intents.
- In accordance to customer requirement analysis, specifying data needed to train NLU models.
- Procure, analyze, and process text and audio data in the target language in order to build a target language model.
- Contribute to the development of procedures with the scope of optimize and simplify the activities of NLU models development.
- Work with project team members, application development engineers and QA teams within the scope of one or more customer projects to realize the project deliverables.
- Support our customers’ speech software teams to help them evaluate and integrate Cerence NLU embedded technology into successful products in an efficient way.
- Ideally 3 years or more of work experience
- Good oral and written knowledge of the English language.
- Good oral and written knowledge of one of the among languages: Italian, German, Spanish.
- Good IT familiarity (usage of MS Office apps, version control, and other widely used software packages).
- Usage of Linux command line to do basic tasks and run scripts.
- Team player, good listener and communicator, customer focused.
- Ability to work independently, but always as part of the NLU R&D team.
- Computational linguistics knowledge.
- Background in speech technology or language processing.
- Knowledge of programming and code development.
- Advanced user of Windows/Office and Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of other languages, especially “less common” ones (Arabic, Turkish and all Asiatic, East-European, Nordic, etc.).
Education: Master University degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.
Application Deadline: 29-Feb-2020 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://cerence.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Cerence/job/Torino/Senior-NLU-Specialist_R0000535-1
Page Updated: 08-Jan-2020