LINGUIST List 31.1266
Sun Apr 05 2020
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation: Assoc/Full Professor, University of Innsbruck
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Michael Ustaszewski <michael.ustaszewski
Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation: Assoc/Full Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Innsbruck
Department: Department of Translation Studies
Job Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Web Address: https://www.uibk.ac.at/translation/
Job Title: Tenure Track Position in Translation Studies (Terminology & Language Technology)
Job Rank: Assoc/Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation
The holder of this tenure track position is expected to
- conduct independent research in terminology and language technology as used in computer-aided and machine translation
- distinguish herself/himself in these areas through international lecturing and publication activities
- carry out a research project with the aim of obtaining a "Habilitation"
- raise third party funds
- organise conferences
It is expected that close cooperation will be established:
- with members at the Department of Translation Studies working in specialist translation, media communication and interpreting studies
- with research groups at the University of Innsbruck working in the field of "Cultural Encounters – Cultural Conflicts" (especially the "Cultures in Contact" and "Digital Humanities" research centres) and
- with the Digital Science Center (DiSC).
In teaching, the main tasks include:
- independent, research-oriented teaching of subjects across all areas of translation studies
- assisting students with queries related to their course of study
- supervising BA, MA and PhD theses
- acting as an examination board member.
In administration, tasks include:
- contributing to self-administration at the University of Innsbruck
- internal organisational tasks at the Department of Translation Studies.
- an above-average doctorate in translation studies, terminology or translation-related language technology, or at their interfaces (submission of a dissertation summary)
- research achievements beyond the dissertation
- presentation of a five-page concept for a key research project (worthy of a "Habilitation") to be carried out over the next few years in the fields of terminology or language technology in computer-aided and machine translation
- post-doctoral or relevant professional experience
- experience in acquiring third-party funding or in contributing to its acquisition
- international academic mobility experience
- language skills: C2-level English and at least C1-level German
- excellent teaching skills
- presentation of a two-page teaching concept for a course in "Terminology" (in accordance with the relevant curricula at the Department of Translation Studies)
- social skills: ability to work independently and in a team, excellent communication skills.
Desired additional qualifications:
- university teaching experience
- at least C1-level language skills in another language that can be studied at the Department of Translation Studies.
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female researchers in the faculty and therefore explicitly invites highly qualified female researchers to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, female applicants will be given preference.
The application must contain:
- a full CV including professional career stages
- a list of publications, lectures as well as other research-related activities (like seminars, conferences, etc.)
- a description of completed, ongoing and planned research projects and
- the five most important works of the applicant (preferably academic articles and book chapters)
- research and teaching concepts, as well as a statement of the qualification goals which the applicant wishes to reach with this position. These are to be explained at the hearing and subsequently represent the starting point for the negotiation of the Qualification Agreement.
The full job announcement can be found at https://www.uibk.ac.at/info-berufungsverfahren/ausschreibungstexte/trawi-terminologie-at-en.pdf
Application Deadline: 13-May-2020
Email Address for Applications: fss-innrain52f
Web Address for Applications: https://www.uibk.ac.at/info-berufungsverfahren/
Page Updated: 05-Apr-2020