LINGUIST List 31.1342
Tue Apr 14 2020
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Michael Ustaszewski <michael.ustaszewski
Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Innsbruck
Department: Department of Translation Studies
Job Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Web Address: https://www.uibk.ac.at/translation
Job Title: Tenure Track Position in Audiovisual Translation
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Translation
The University of Innsbruck, Austria, invites applications for a tenure track position in translation studies with a focus on audiovisual translation (AVT).
Responsibilities in research:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct self-initiated research in Translation Studies leading to top-ranked publications and to conference presentations. The research should take the form of a project suitable for a 'Habilitation' (a monograph or a collection of articles with an introductory chapter showing their interconnection) in the area of audiovisual translation. The candidate is also expected to contribute to conference organization.
Responsibilities in teaching:
Autonomous teaching of research-informed courses in the Department's BA and MA degrees in Translation Studies. Participation in oral examination panels. Supervision of students (BA and MA theses).
Responsibilities in administration:
Contribution to academic self-governance, organizational tasks and participation in externally funded projects.
- doctoral degree with a topic in Translation Studies (submissions of a two-page abstract of the doctoral dissertation)
- additional relevant scientific achievements beyond the doctorate
- international mobility experience during or after the doctorate
- experience with externally funded research (acquisition and/or management)
- social skills: teamwork and independent work, excellent communication skills
- language proficiency: C2 in German and C2 in another language that can be studied at the Department
- submission of a research outline for the 'Habilitation' (approx. 5 pages) that describes the envisaged research project in the area of audiovisual translation
- submission of a course outline for a seminar on audiovisual translation (approx. 2 pages)
Desirable additional qualifications:
- C1 in another language that can be studied at the Department
- academic teaching experience, excellent teaching skills
Tenure Track Model:
During the first year of the six-year employment it is possible to conclude a 'qualification agreement'. If the terms of the qualification agreement are fulfilled after six years, it will lead to a continuous career at the University of Innsbruck, resulting in the position of Associate Professor and a permanent employment. For more information about the university's tenure track model, please go to https://www.uibk.ac.at/forschung/qualifizierungsvereinbarung
An initial salary of € 3.890 p.m. shall be offered for this position. In the following, the conclusion of the qualification agreement will entitle to an increased salary of € 4.599,60 p.m., and the fulfilment of the agreed qualification objectives will entitle to an increased salary of € 4.987,20 p.m. All mentioned salaries are monthly gross salaries, paid 14 times p.a. Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/index.html.en
The University of Innsbruck is committed to increasing the percentage of female researchers in the faculty and therefore explicitly invites highly qualified female researchers to apply. In the case of equivalent qualifications, female applicants will be given preference.
The full job announcement can be found at the application link below.
Application Deadline: 21-May-2020
Web Address for Applications: https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=11215
Assoz.-Prof. Alena Petrova
Page Updated: 14-Apr-2020