LINGUIST List 31.1584
Tue May 12 2020
Qs: Perception of personality traits of different Dutch speakers
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
E. Falkmann <esther
Perception of personality traits of different Dutch speakers E-mail this message to a friend
In this study, we are investigating whether personality traits can be perceived through speech. In the following survey, you will be listening to 31 audio fragments of different speakers of Dutch. For each fragment, you will be asked to rate 10 statements on a scale from 0-100 about the personality traits of these speakers. You are kindly requested to wear good-functioning headphones or earbuds while listening to the fragments and to sit in a quiet room.
Please take note of the following points:
- There are no restrictions regarding your native language (we are looking at acoustic measures of speech, so it is okay if you do not understand Dutch).
- We are looking for participants without any hearing impairments.
- The experiment will take about 30-40 minutes and can be performed on your own computer.
- You can start answering the statements while the fragment is still playing;
- You can replay the fragments if you wish;
- You can take a break whenever you need one.
At the end of the experiment, you will be asked to fill in a questionnaire about your personal and linguistic background.
This is the link to the survey: https://leidenuniv.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0vKUdHO8sNpFhad
Thank you in advance.
Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics
Page Updated: 12-May-2020