LINGUIST List 31.1653
Mon May 18 2020
Jobs: Phonetics; Phonology; Morphology; Cognitive Science: Post Doc, University of Potsdam
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Adamantios Gafos <gafos
Phonetics; Phonology; Morphology; Cognitive Science: Post Doc, University of Potsdam, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Potsdam
Job Location: Potsdam, Germany
Web Address: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adamantios_Gafos
Job Title: Post Doc in Phonetics-Phonology-Morphology, University of Potsdam, Germany
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Morphology; Phonetics; Phonology
The Department of Linguistics at the University of Potsdam invites applications for one Postdoc position. Candidates should seek to address problems in Phonetics-Phonology-Morphology, using an integrative approach, by employing combinations of theoretical, computational/mathematical and experimental methods.
Prior research experience in the area of phonology-phonetics is a must, but field of past degrees or specialization is not in itself critical. Candidates with an unconventional training background are welcome.
- Original research in phonology-phonetics;
- Teaching, 4 hours per week (an introductory course in phonology-morphology and a course of the candidate's preference);
- Assisting with design and execution of experiments;
- Data analysis;
- Participating in writing of papers as part of the research team;
- Participating in writing of grants towards the eventual goal of independent funding.
The deadline for the application is July 3, 2020; the recruitment process will continue until the position is filled. The position begins in October 2020. International applicants are welcome.
Applications should be submitted in the form of:
- A CV,
- The names and contact information of at least two references,
- Academic transcripts or their equivalent,
- A sample of research work, and
- A brief letter of application.
Applications must be submitted as a single document. Submission is via email to the application email provided below (please note: when submitting an application, use (only) the Email Address for Applications; in case of questions about the position, use (only) the Contact information email).
A PhD is required.
The term of the appointment is for one year initially, which can be extended for a second year contingent on performance and continued funding. Salary and benefits are determined by the German pay scale for state employees. The pay scale, with monthly gross income in Euro, is available at http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/tv-l/ost/
- known as TV-L Band 13 with the specific salary level within this Band depending on prior experience. The University of Potsdam is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 03-Jul-2020
Email Address for Applications: phon-recruitment
Page Updated: 19-May-2020