LINGUIST List 31.1825
Tue Jun 02 2020
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics: Researcher, Haskins Laboratories, Inc
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Lisa Fresa <lisa.fresa
Computational Linguistics; Phonetics: Researcher, Haskins Laboratories, Inc, New Haven, Connecticut, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Haskins Laboratories, Inc
Job Location: Connecticut, USA
Web Address: https://haskinslabs.org/
Job Title: Research Associate
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics
Haskins Laboratories is seeking a Research Associate in New Haven, CT to conduct research on movement / coordination of speech articulators.
- Conducting (ultrasound & EMA) experiments;
- Coordinating with Principal Investigator on speech production facility; and
- Working on research projects of applicant's own design that advance goals of NIH grant.
- Ph.D. degree in Linguistics with concentration in Phonetics.
- 4+ years post-doctoral research experience.
- Mastery skills in MATLAB, Python, PRAAT, and R programming languages.
- Mastery skills in ultrasound & electromagnetic articulometry(EMA) experiments for speech study.
- Strong record of publication (at least 6+ internationally recognized journal papers).
- Expertise in implementing machine learning and artificial neural network models.
- Experience with 3D printing & 3D scanning.
To apply, please send your resume and CV to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: 22-Jun-2020
Email Address for Applications: lisa.fresa
Page Updated: 05-Jun-2020