LINGUIST List 31.1901
Tue Jun 09 2020
Jobs: English; Japanese; Vietnamese; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature; Translation: Lecturer, RMIT Vietnam
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Nguyet Nguyen <nguyet.nguyenthitam
English; Japanese; Vietnamese; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature; Translation: Lecturer, RMIT Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: RMIT Vietnam
Department: Department of Languages
Job Location: Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Web Address: https://www.rmit.edu.vn/
Job Title: Program Manager, Bachelor of Languages
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature; Translation; English or Japanese and Vietnamese
Required Language(s): English (eng) Japanese (jpn) Vietnamese (vie)
Job no: 588685
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Bachelor of Languages Program, RMIT Vietnam
The Bachelor of Languages program comprises strands in (a) translating and interpreting (T&I) and (b) Japanese language. The T&I strand offers both academic and vocational development to students supported by a learning management system, high-end hardware, and software and a professional-quality simultaneous interpretation booth. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/study-at-rmit/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-languages#program-structure
The role & key responsibilities:
The Program Manager will be responsible for the Bachelor of Languages program offered by RMIT Vietnam. The appointee will line manage academic staff as required and will work closely with the Head of School. The scope of responsibilities includes teaching and learning activities, curriculum development and quality assurance, timetabling, student experience, resource planning, program promotion, industry engagement, staff workload planning, and professional development review. Proven success in language program marketing, promotion, innovation, and quality assurance is required. The appointee will contribute to the strategic direction of the School of Communication & Design by working collaboratively with other members of the School’s Leadership Team. This is an exciting position in a dynamic teaching-focused environment and will suit a flexible team leader who is committed to growing this young, industry-focused program.
Key selection criteria:
- Relevant Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of five years' teaching experience of relevant programs/courses at the undergraduate level.
- Significant management experience in language education and training including demonstrable achievement in a course/program growth.
- Evidence of innovative, inclusive teaching approaches that meet the needs of student diversity. Track-record of high-quality curriculum development and delivery, teaching practice innovations, and developments.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage academic and professional teams and contribute to a collaborative, collegial, and productive workplace.
- Demonstrated range of skills relating to the conceptualization, execution, and evaluation of courses, including the capability and competence to teach a range of program-relevant courses.
- Proven success in language program marketing, promotion, innovation, and quality assurance.
To find out more:
For further information about this role, please check out the career site at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/469/vn/en/job/588685/program-manager-bachelor-of-languages
English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
Application Deadline: 05-Jul-2020
Web Address for Applications: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/469/vn/en/job/588685/program-manager-bachelor-of-languages
Ms. Nguyet Nguyen
Page Updated: 09-Jun-2020