LINGUIST List 31.2168
Fri Jul 03 2020
Summer Schools: ER Online Summer Seminars (EROSS-2020) / Online
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Enrico Franconi <franconI
ER Online Summer Seminars (EROSS-2020) / Online E-mail this message to a friend
Host Institution: Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
Coordinating Institution: Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
Dates: 01-Jul-2020 - 04-Nov-2020
Location: Bolzano, Italy
Focus: The KRDB Research Centre for Knowledge and Data at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, organises the "ER Online Summer Seminars" (EROSS-2020), an interdisciplinary series of online seminars featuring world-class speakers from areas such as Ontology, Data Semantics, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Cognitive Sciences, and Logics, but with the ultimate goal of contributing to the theory and practice of the discipline of Conceptual Modelling.
Minimum Education Level: No Minimum
EROSS is an event affiliated with the International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER), and it is organised in the context of the Bolzano Summer of Knowledge (BOSK-2020).
The online seminars will be accessible as Microsoft Teams Live Events; they can be attended live, and are recorded to be attended later at any moment.
The talks will happen every Wednesday at 16:00 (CEST, namely GMT+2). The series starts on Wednesday the 24th of June and will continue weekly until the beginning of the 39th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER-2020) on the 3rd of November 2020.
The ER Online Summer Seminars series includes so far the following talks
(to be expanded - check https://krdb.eu/eross-2020/programme/
for an up-to-date list):
- 24 June: Nicola Guarino (Laboratory for Applied Ontology/ISTC/CNR, Italy)
- 1 July: John Mylopoulos (University of Ottawa, Canada)
- 8 July: Oscar Pastor (Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain)
- 15 July: Monique Snoeck (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- 22 July: Gilberto Camara (Secretariat Director for the Group on Earth Observations (GEO), Switzerland)
- 29 July: Barend Mons (Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands)
- 5 August: Daniel Jackson (MIT, USA)
- 12 August: Melanie Mitchell (Portland State University, USA)
- 2 September: Wil van der Aalst (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
- 9 September: Terry Halpin (LogicBlox and INTI International University in Malaysia)
- 16 September: Peter Gärdenfors (Lund University, Sweden)
Linguistic Field(s): Semantics
Tuition: 0 USD
Registration: 29-Jun-2020 to 04-Nov-2020
Contact Person: Enrico Franconi
Apply on the web: http://krdb.eu/eross-2020/
The seminars are free for all participants but require mandatory registration: check http://krdb.eu/eross-2020/ for all the detailed information.
Page Updated: 03-Jul-2020