LINGUIST List 31.2252
Fri Jul 10 2020
Jobs: French; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Princeton University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Sena Hill <smhill
French; Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Princeton University
Department: Department of French and Italian
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: https://fit.princeton.edu/
Job Title: Lecturer in French
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
The Department of French and Italian seeks to appoint one or more Lecturers in French to teach a range of courses in language and culture in a dynamic undergraduate program committed to innovation and excellence. Part-time or full-time positions for the fall 2020 and/or spring 2021 semesters may be available, dependent upon the needs of the Department and the qualifications of the candidates. Possibility of renewal will be based on course enrollments and satisfactory performance. Review of applications will begin July 10, 2020 and continue until any available position(s) are filled.
- Native or near-native fluency in French and English,
- Proven experience teaching French as a Foreign Language at university level, and
- Excellent teaching credentials. Master’s degree or enrollment in a Ph.D. program required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in culture-based instruction, integration of new technologies and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated interest in francophone studies or film and media will be a plus.
- Ability to supervise and mentor graduate student instructors is highly desirable.
Preference will be given to candidates with a background in French as a Foreign Language and/or Linguistics, SLA or Applied Linguistics, although other fields will be considered. This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants are to apply online at the application link provided below and submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including description of teaching experience
- Cover letter that describes teaching interests, areas of expertise, and scholarly experience in the relevant fields
- Statement of teaching: no more than 500 words explaining how the candidate has approached or would approach the courses he or she wishes to teach
- Two recent teaching evaluations
- One reference letter addressing teaching (to be submitted online directly by the referee)
- Complete contact information for two additional professional references (to be submitted by applicant)
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://puwebp.princeton.edu/AcadHire/apply/application.xhtml?listingId=16681
Department Manager Sena Hill
Page Updated: 10-Jul-2020