LINGUIST List 31.2294
Thu Jul 16 2020
Jobs: Morphology: Post Doc, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Artemis Alexiadou <artemis.alexiadou
Morphology: Post Doc, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Department: Institute of English and American Studies
Job Location: Berlin, Germany
Web Address: https://www.angl.hu-berlin.de/
Job Title: Post Doc
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Morphology
Three Postdoc positions are available for talented and dedicated young researchers with a specialization in morphology. The researchers will be part of the ERC-2019-SynG LeibnizDream group. The core research team of LeibnizDream will be based at three host institutions: Humboldt University of Berlin (HU), University of Milan-Bicocca (UniMiB), and the Leibniz-Centre General Linguistics (ZAS), Berlin. The three PIs are Artemis Alexiadou (HU), Maria Teresa Guasti (UniMiB), and Uli Sauerland (ZAS). The morphology positions will be located at HU.
The postdoctoral positions are available for a starting date in January 2021 and can run for 2 years, with payment according to the German TV-L pay scale (TV-L 13 100%).
Scientific contributions in the ERC research project “LeibnizDream” (leibnizdream.eu); carry out large-scale, cross-linguistic child language research; carry out comparative experiments in language acquisition across up to 50 different languages in collaboration with partners across the globe; six different areas of morpho-syntax/semantics:
- The expression of causation and agency,
- Of motion events,
- The binary connectives,
- Negative concepts such as exclusion, antonyms, and negation,
- Quantificational concepts including genericity and distributivity, and
- Dependencies most frequently analyzed as variable binding (wh-questions, relative clauses, degree clauses);
prepare and carry out experiments, oversee the process of data collection, and then analyze and publish acquisition studies in these domains
- PhD in Linguistics;
- Expertise in morphology
- Cross-linguistic morphology,
- Morphological acquisition,
- Computational morphology,
- Experimental methods
Please send your application including:
- A letter of intent specifying research experience and intended contributions to the project, as well as the starting date;
- The curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications;
- Electronic copy of one representative writing;
- Names and email addresses of at least two scholars to be contacted for letters of recommendation
And quoting the reference number DR/107/20 and “LeibnizDream” in electronic form as one PDF-file to the application email provided below.
HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.
Please visit our website www.hu-berlin.de/stellenangebote
, which gives you access to the legally binding German version.
Application Deadline: 05-Aug-2020
Email Address for Applications: artemis.alexiadou
Page Updated: 16-Jul-2020