LINGUIST List 31.245
Fri Jan 17 2020
Calls: Croatian; Computational Linguistics, History of Linguistics, Lexicography/Croatia
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Ivana Kuzmanović Ivicic <ikuzmano
Computational Linguistics and Golden Formula for Croatian Language E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Computational Linguistics and Golden Formula for Croatian Language
Short Title: CLGF-2020
Date: 22-May-2020 - 23-May-2020
Location: Osijek, Croatia
Contact Person: Ivana Kuzmanovic Ivicic
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://RJZF-2020.m-brojevi.com
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; History of Linguistics; Lexicography
Subject Language(s): Croatian
Call Deadline: 15-Mar-2020
The aim of the conference is to bring together dialectologists, Croatian language history researchers, methodologists and computer experts who are researching the interconnectedness of Croatian dialects at all language levels and the contrasting approach to teaching them in schools. The wish is to present the Golden Formula of Croatian language (ča-kaj-što) via a syntactic-semantic web framework that already exists for standard Croatian. The conference will examine:
- the phonology, morphology and vocabulary of each of the three dialects
- history of the Croatian language
- dialectological topics in Croatian language teaching
- corpus lexicography and lexicology
- difficulties in digitizing and maintaining the corpus and vocabulary online
- computer linguistics in linguistic integration
The language of the meeting is Croatian.
The invited speakers of CLFG-2020 are:
Prof. dr. Sanja Zubčić (University of Rijeka, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Prof. dr. Đuro Blažeka (University of Zagreb, Faculty of Teacher Education)
Dr. sc. Željko Jozić (Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics)
Call for Papers:
Prospective authors are kindly invited to submit abstract for presentation, poster or workshop.
-Abstracts (title, keywords, contents) should not exceed 2.200 characters (including spaces) in length. Characters from (no more then 5) references (literature) are excluded from this count.
-The text should present the purpose of the research, the relevance of the problem, the literature review, the methods and the main findings. There are 3 to 5 keywords will be included.
-Abstracts can be submitted in Croatian and English, but please note that Croatian is the main language of the conference.
-Maximum of one (1) sole author and one (1) co-authored project per person. We accept both in-progress and completed research.
-Abstracts will be subject to review by a scientific committee. We use a double-blind peer review procedure. Please do not include author information or affiliations in your abstract. Please remove metadata (author name or other information that might identify you) from the PDF.
-Acceptance/rejection decisions will be communicated via email by April, 15 2020.
- The abstract shall be written in Croatian and (translated) in English language.
- The presentation should last about 20 minutes (plus 10 minutes for discussion).
- The poster session includes a 60 minute shared presentation.
- If you would like to hold a workshop during which linguistic research methods can be tried out together, 60-minute slots are available. If the participants need to pre-install any software for your workshop, please indicate this in the abstract.
- Paper (abstract) submission templates (.docx) are available at the conference website.
- Abstracts should be submitted as PDF files.
- The bilingual book of conference abstracts will be published (as PDF document) by the beginning of the conference.
Page Updated: 17-Jan-2020