LINGUIST List 31.2505
Fri Aug 07 2020
Calls: Comp Ling/China
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Yaru Wu <yaru.wu.uspc
6th Doctoral Consortium (DC) of Interspeech 2020 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 6th Doctoral Consortium (DC) of Interspeech 2020
Date: 24-Oct-2020 - 24-Oct-2020
Location: Shanghai, China
Contact Person: Yaru Wu
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.interspeech2020.org/Student_Events/
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
Call Deadline: 22-Aug-2020
This event gives doctoral candidates the opportunity to present and discuss their research with a panel of experts. The discussion includes feedback on the evolution and progress of their research. It helps them to identify a road-map toward refining their thesis. Doctoral students from speech-related disciplines participating in Interspeech 2020 are invited to apply! Participants will be selected based on their submitted abstracts.
Call for Papers:
Applicants are to submit an extended two-page abstract, briefing about the research pursued towards their thesis. It may incorporate published and in-progress work. The abstract must highlight the following points:
- motivation of your research
- key issues identified and/or addressed
- discussion of results
- future plans and road map for the thesis
- major contributions of your research
- Abstracts may be extended to a maximum of two pages including all text, figures and tables, plus an additional page for references.
- Abstracts have to follow the Interspeech 2020 template provided in the author's kit.
- Abstracts must have the applicant as the sole author. Acknowledgement towards supervisors, supporting agencies, and contributors to the work, can be made in a separate section.
- Submit your abstract in PDF format through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=RhyiyPVQwzScCAW2KpUZIt
- Accepted submissions will be published on www.isca-students.org
and thus a submission inherently indicates a consent towards ISCA-SAC to publish the abstract.
July 1, 2020 Submission portal opens
August 22, 2020 Abstract submission deadline
August 31, 2020 Acceptance/rejection notification
September 14, 2020 Camera-ready abstract due
October 24, 2020 6th Doctoral Consortium
Yaru Wu (yaru.wu.uspc
Gabriel Mittag (gabriel.mittag
Page Updated: 07-Aug-2020