LINGUIST List 31.2720
Thu Sep 03 2020
Jobs: Danish; English; Norwegian Bokmål; Portuguese; Swedish; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Productive Playhouse Inc
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Laura Macabbee <info-linguist
Danish; English; Norwegian Bokmål; Portuguese; Swedish; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Productive Playhouse Inc E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Productive Playhouse Inc
Web Address: https://productiveplayhouse.com/
Job Title: Linguistic Consultant
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Danish (dan) English (eng) Norwegian Bokmål (nob) Portuguese (por) Swedish (swe)
Consultant positions available for linguists with a BA or MA in Linguistics in the following language/locales:
- da-DK (Danish / Denmark)
- en-AU (English / Australia)
- en-UK (English / United Kingdom)
- en-IN (English / India)
- en-SG (English / Singapour)
- nb-NO (Norwegian / Norway)
- pt-BR (Portuguese / Brazil)
- sv-SE (Swedish / Sweden)
Productive Playhouse, a production company in Los Angeles, is currently undertaking projects for various languages and is seeking linguists who are native speakers of the target languages for a language study. We are seeking candidates who can commit 20-40 hours per week. All work is online and can be done from anywhere.
- Linguists will be asked to transcribe and/or verify pronunciations in a web-based tool, according to language-specific phonemic transcription guidelines.
- Linguists will provide both general linguistic expertise and language-specific guidance as needed.
- Linguists may also be expected to help review and revise language-specific guidelines.
- Native-speaker of the target language
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Degree in Linguistics or Language-related fields with substantial experience in phonetics/phonology or speech
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- LCs need to own a personal computer and have access to a fast internet connection.
The work can be done online with some flexibility. If you are qualified and interested, please send a brief introductory email and a CV to the application email provided below, and please specify your availability (hours/week) and when you could start.
Please send a brief introductory email and a CV to the application email provided below, and please specify your availability (hours/week) and when you could start. You MUST be native speakers for the language-locale you are applying for. If you live in the US please provide the state you reside in.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: info-linguist
Manager Laura Maccabee
Page Updated: 03-Sep-2020