LINGUIST List 31.2786
Mon Sep 14 2020
Jobs: English; Russian; Applied Linguistics: Freelancer, Duolingo
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Emily Moline <moline
English; Russian; Applied Linguistics: Freelancer, Duolingo E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Duolingo
Web Address: https://www.duolingo.com/
Job Title: Expert in teaching English to speakers of Russian (freelance)
Job Rank: Freelancer; Other
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL
Required Language(s): English (eng) Russian (rus)
Use your expertise in teaching English to Russian speakers to help bring English language education to the world.
Duolingo is looking for an ESL/EFL expert who has native or near-native proficiency in both English and Russian, who has experience teaching beginning English to Russian speakers, and who has experience developing language learning curricula. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Use your pedagogical expertise to develop creative course content for an online English course that is aligned with the standards of the CEFR and designed for Russian-speaking English learners.
- Develop a scope and sequence for the course and write content for beginning English language learners in cooperation with members of Duolingo’s learning and curriculum team.
- Exercise creativity and humor to ensure that course material is fun and engaging.
- Help define project details, set timeframes, and coordinate project activities.
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- Native or near-native proficiency in Russian
- MA in TESOL/related field or TESOL certificate and equivalent experience
- Experience teaching English as a second/foreign language to beginner-level adult Russian speakers (A1/A2); two years' minimum experience desired
- Experience creating language learning material/curricula
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work at least 20 hours a week
Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in education, TESOL, linguistics, or a related field
- Experience working as a freelancer or experience creating curricula for an academic program
- Familiarity with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR)
- Experience in team teaching, supervision of others, and/or project management
To apply, please see the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://duolingo.breezy.hr/p/786b9828e82f-expert-in-teaching-english-to-speakers-of-russian-at-duolingo
Dr. Emily Moline
Page Updated: 14-Sep-2020