LINGUIST List 31.281
Wed Jan 22 2020
Calls: English; Spanish; Discourse Analysis, General Linguistics, Language Acquisition, Ling & Literature, Linguistic Theories, Text/Corpus Linguistics, Translation, Typology/Spain
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
José Antonio Sánchez Fajardo <jasanchez
3rd International Conference Entretextos E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 3rd International Conference Entretextos
Date: 28-Oct-2020 - 30-Oct-2020
Location: Alicante, Spain
Contact Person: Chelo Vargas
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.entretextos.es/
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature; Linguistic Theories; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation; Typology
Subject Language(s): English; Spanish
Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2020
Historically, numerous research studies have attempted to explore the three main components that characterize EnTRetextos Conferences: (a) discourse and discourse genres; (b) the study and application of specialized corpora; and (c) specialized translation. These three main research areas have undergone far-reaching changes in recent years, which have been particularly boosted by the introduction of the digital domain in the studies and professions related to specialized discourse. Therefore, this 3rd EnTRetextos Conference aims to bring together specialists in the three aforementioned areas to exchange and share their research on specialized discourse, but with a special emphasis on how the digital age has made an impact on both the quality of the research and the attributes of the specialized discourse under analysis.
We are grateful to the following keynote speakers who kindly accepted our invitation:
• Giovanni Parodi, Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaíso
• Carmen Sancho Guida, Technical University of Madrid
• Jan Chovanec, Masaryk University.
• Mª Ángeles Orts Llopis, University of Murcia
The EnTRetextos 2020 Organizing Committee invites and encourages researchers to send proposals related to the three aforementioned EnTRetextos topics and/or dealing with any of the following panels:
• Languages for professional and academic purposes.
• Specialized translation: teaching, research and profession.
• Discourse analysis: specialized genres, multimodality, discursive communities…
• New technologies applied to the study of genres, corpus and specialized translation.
• Corpus linguistics and its application in professional and academic languages.
• Teaching professional and academic languages.
• Terminology and terminography.
Call for Papers:
The following paper categories are welcome:
- Papers: dealing with some of the topics listed above or any topic related to them;
- Research in progress. Researchers are invited to submit current projects which are either at the proposal stage or are work in progress; and
- Roundtables. The Programme Committee invites topical subjects to be proposed for discussion. In the first instance, an abstract describing the proposed topic and participants should be submitted.
Each participant can propose up to a maximum of two proposals in English or Spanish from January 13 to April 30, 2020 (deadline). Guidelines for the submission of proposals are available at: https://tinyurl.com/v3xqkq4
Proposals must be submitted through the EasyChair platform: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=entretextos2020
Please make sure you select the topic that best suits your proposal. The notification of acceptance will be sent on May 30, 2020.
Page Updated: 22-Jan-2020