LINGUIST List 31.321
Thu Jan 23 2020
Jobs: English; Phonology: Annotator, Spitch AG
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Lea Siegenthaler <lea.siegenthaler
English; Phonology: Annotator, Spitch AG, United Kingdom E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Spitch AG
Job Location: any, United Kingdom (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://spitch.ch/vacancies/
Job Title: Annotator
Job Rank: Annotator; Other
Specialty Areas: Phonology
Required Language(s): English (eng)
SPitch AG is looking for annotators of speech
Spitch AG, an international developer of voice solutions, is currently looking for transcribers/annotators of English. The candidates must be native speakers of preferably UK English ideally with an academic background in Linguistics.
- Listening to English audio recordings and provide transcriptions of speech and non-speech events.
- Deliver projects within scheduled deadlines.
- Work remotely (on-line, preferably UK mainland) for a minimum of 8 hours per week.
- Candidates must be native UK speakers.
- Previous experience with transcription and annotation of speech corpora is a big plus.
- Computer literate.
- Comfortable working independently and collaborate remotely.
- Must have good spelling skills.
- Must have the ability to follow our internal transcription guidelines.
- BA in Linguistics or a relevant field.
- Knowledge of phonetics/phonology is a plus.
Please send an email to the application email below if you are interested!
Application Deadline: 31-May-2020
Email Address for Applications: data-collection
Mrs. Lea Siegenthaler
Page Updated: 23-Jan-2020