LINGUIST List 31.3313
Fri Oct 30 2020
Jobs: Syntax: Assoc/Full Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Shoichi Takahashi <s_takahashi
Syntax: Assoc/Full Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Aoyama Gakuin University
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
Web Address: https://tinyurl.com/y3bdgrao
Job Title: Professor or Associate Professor of Syntax
Job Rank: Assoc/Full Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax
Aoyama Gakuin University, Department of English, invites applicants for a position teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in linguistics specializing in syntax.
- Ph.D. in Linguistics or related field.
- Those who speak Japanese as their first language or who have a high degree of Japanese language proficiency in order to carry out all university duties in Japanese as required.
- Those who have an understanding of the founding spirit of the university.
Undergraduate and graduate-level English language classes and specialized subjects (including lectures and seminars on syntax and thesis supervision).
Starting date: April 1, 2022
Working conditions, etc:
Affiliation: English Department, College of Literature.
Work location: Aoyama Campus, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan.
Term of employment: Full-time.
Application procedure, selection method, etc:
Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae (including full details of research activities, such as publications, presentations, grants awarded etc.; employment history; and educational qualifications).
- Three representative publications. Please attach a summary of about 400 characters in Japanese for publications in English, and 200 words in English for publications in Japanese.
After all documents are submitted and received, a list of candidates for interview will be decided. At that time shortlisted candidates will be notified and asked to submit two letters of recommendation and copies of their degrees.
Notification of selection results:
After the selection procedure is completed all candidates will be notified. Please note that the confidentiality of all applications will be strictly maintained.
Please write "Application for English Linguistics position" in red on the envelope and mail by registered mail. The application documents will not be returned.
Please ensure your application is mailed sufficiently early to be received by the deadline.
Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2021
Mailing Address for Applications:
Chair of the Department of English Yuko Matsui
Aoyama Gakuin University, c/o English Department Office
Tokyo, Tokyo 150-8366
Linguistics Job Search 2022
Page Updated: 30-Oct-2020