LINGUIST List 31.3342
Mon Nov 02 2020
Jobs: Danish; Dutch; Norwegian Nynorsk; Swedish; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Associate Linguist, Lionbridge
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Sofia H <jobs.AI
Danish; Dutch; Norwegian Nynorsk; Swedish; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax: Associate Linguist, Lionbridge, Krakow, Poland E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lionbridge
Job Location: Krakow, Poland
Web Address: https://www.lionbridge.com/
Job Title: Associate Linguist
Job Rank: Associate Linguist; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Danish (dan) Dutch (nld) Norwegian Nynorsk (nno) Swedish (swe)
Work Location: On-site in Krakow, Poland
Job Status: Employment
Job Duration: Long term (will be clarified at interview stage)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Target language: Dutch (nl-NL), Swedish (se-SE), Norwegian (nb-NO) and Danish (da-DK)
We also accept applications for other European languages for the given profile
Lionbridge is looking for Associate Linguists with fluency in one of the target languages to work in a Natural Language Processing team based in Krakow. The role of the Associate Linguist is to provide linguistic expertise for developing NLP tools for the target language.
You will work on a number of tasks to improve natural language processing:
- Developing grammars for Natural Language Understanding.
- Creating templates for Natural Language Generation.
- Evaluating current system outputs.
- Annotating and reviewing linguistic data.
- Fluency in the target language.
- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics; or equivalent work experience.
- Good knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology, phonology and lexicography of the target language.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, learn in-house tools.
- Ability to work independently with confidence and little oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full-time availability.
- Eligibility to work in Krakow, Poland.
- Keen interest in technology and computer-literacy.
- Experience using NLP tools and concepts.
- Experience in annotation work.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lionbridge welcomes and embraces a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, or protected military or veteran status.
Please beware of fraudulent emails and online activity where others pretend to represent Lionbridge. Lionbridge will never ask for your bank details via email. Emails from legitimate Lionbridge employees are sent using lionbridge.com and/or successfactors.com domains. If you are ever in doubt of a job posting or any potentially fraudulent activity, please reach our team at spoofing-noticelionbridge.com.
To apply, please send your resume to the provided application email below along with your availability info.
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2021
Email Address for Applications: jobs.AI
Page Updated: 02-Nov-2020