LINGUIST List 31.3412
Fri Nov 06 2020
Jobs: English; Korean; Applied Linguistics: Consultant, Duolingo
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
English; Korean; Applied Linguistics: Consultant, Duolingo, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Duolingo
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.duolingo.com/
Job Title: Expert in teaching English to speakers of Korean at Duolingo
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOl; ESL
Required Language(s): English (eng) Korean (kor)
Use your expertise in teaching English to Korean speakers to help bring English language education to the world.
Duolingo is looking for an ESL/EFL expert who has native or near-native proficiency in English and strong working proficiency in Korean, who has experience teaching English to Korean speakers, and who has experience developing language learning curricula. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Use your pedagogical expertise to develop creative course content for an online English course that is aligned with the standards of the CEFR and designed for Korean-speaking English learners.
- Develop a scope and sequence for the course and write content for beginning English language learners in cooperation with members of Duolingo’s learning sciences team.
- Exercise creativity and humor to ensure that course material is fun and engaging.
Help define project details, set timeframes, and coordinate project activities.
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- MA in TESOL/related field or TESOL certificate and equivalent experience
- Experience teaching English as a second/foreign language to Korean speakers
- Experience creating language learning material/curricula
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong working proficiency in Korean
- Ability to work at least 20 hours a week
- Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in education, TESOL, or a related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in Korean
- Familiarity with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR)
- Experience in team teaching, supervision of others, and/or project management
Please apply via the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://duolingo.breezy.hr/p/4f4fa423670f-expert-in-teaching-english-to-speakers-of-korean-at-duolingo?state=published
Page Updated: 06-Nov-2020