LINGUIST List 31.3475
Wed Nov 11 2020
Jobs: English; General Linguistics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Abigail Abayon <aabayon
English; General Linguistics: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill Inc. E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill Inc.
Web Address: https://appen.com/
Job Title: Linguistic Annotator
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Appen is pooling for an upcoming project for Linguist and is recruiting a team of highly skilled Linguists to work on the task. For this project, vendors learn a complex semantic labeling system and apply it thoughtfully and consistently across large volumLinguistic Annotator
Appen is pooling for an upcoming project for Linguists and is recruiting a team of highly skilled Linguists to work on the task. For this project, vendors learn a complex semantic labeling system and apply it thoughtfully and consistently across large volumes of data.
The successful contractor linguist will be engaged in the following responsibilities:
- Annotate language data with linguistic information
- Implement annotation conventions and guidelines with accuracy and consistency
- Communicate with other annotators about effective annotation strategies
- Contribute to the improvement of tools and processes by raising issues and suggesting improvements
- Understand and adapt to changing requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, Computer Science, or related field
- Interest in practical as well as theoretical linguistics, especially syntax, semantics, and pragmatics
- Facility with computers and software applications
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, priorities, and revisions
- Cooperative, solution-oriented attitude
- Eagerness to learn new skills and work quickly
- Enthusiasm for detail work
- Ability to focus for significant portions of the workday
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced degree and/or industry experience
- NLU/NLP annotation experience
- Experience with ontologies and label sets
- Experience working remotelyes of data.
To apply, please send an updated resume and cover letter to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: aabayon
Page Updated: 11-Nov-2020