LINGUIST List 31.3536
Tue Nov 17 2020
Jobs: English; General Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology; Sociolinguistics: Consultant, Productive Playhouse Inc
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Harry Ralston <h.ralston
English; General Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology; Sociolinguistics: Consultant, Productive Playhouse Inc E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Productive Playhouse Inc
Web Address: https://productiveplayhouse.com/
Job Title: Linguistic Consultant
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology; Sociolinguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Consultant positions available for African-American English linguists with a BA or MA in Linguistics.
Productive Playhouse, a production company in Los Angeles, is currently undertaking projects for various languages and is seeking linguists who are native speakers for a language study. We are seeking candidates who can commit 20-40 hours per week. All work is online and can be done from anywhere.
- African-American Native-speaker of the target language
- Formal higher education (preferably at Graduate level) in Linguistics or Language Sciences, with a focus on Synchronic Linguistic Analysis, Dialectology and Sociolinguistics of the target language
- Experience or proven interest in Phonetics and Phonology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
The work can be done online with some flexibility. If you are qualified and interested, please send a brief introductory email and a CV to the application email provided below, and please specify your availability (hours/week) and when you could start.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: info-linguist
Page Updated: 17-Nov-2020