LINGUIST List 31.3597
Mon Nov 23 2020
Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Wartburg College
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Amy Wilson <amy.wilson
Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Wartburg College, Iowa, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Wartburg College
Department: English and Modern Languages
Job Location: Iowa, USA
Web Address: https://www.wartburg.edu/english/
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Spanish
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Date Announced: November 2020
Position Title: Assistant Professor of Spanish, tenure-track
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until December 4, 2020.
Earned doctorate in Hispanic Linguistics. Teaching experience required in more than one of the following areas:
- Spanish in the U.S.;
- Spanish for heritage speakers;
- Near-native verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Willingness to engage with the local and national Latinx community.
- Evidence of teaching excellence; promise of continued scholarly activity; and willingness to support the mission of the College.
- Teach three 14-week undergraduate courses in both Fall and Winter terms, including intermediate and advanced language/culture courses.
- Teach one 4-week May term course.
- Advise student majors in Spanish; engage in scholarship and service appropriate to the liberal arts setting.
Contract: Nine-month, tenure-track contract.
To apply please send:
- Curriculum vitae,
- Unofficial graduate transcripts,
- Three current letters of reference, and
- A letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the distinctive mission and institutional learning outcomes of Wartburg College.
- Please also address any experiences you have working with diverse groups of students.
This information should be submitted electronically to the application email below or by regular mail to the application mailing address below.
For specific inquiries contact Zak Montgomery, Chair of the Search Committee at the contact information below.
For further information about the college and the city of Waverly, see http://www.wartburg.edu
, and specifically about the Spanish program, see http://www.wartburg.edu/spanish/
. Wartburg College requires a criminal background check for position finalists.
Application Deadline: 04-Dec-2020
Mailing Address for Applications:
Director of Human Resources Jamie Hollaway
Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd.
Email Address for Applications: hr
Page Updated: 23-Nov-2020