LINGUIST List 31.3623
Wed Nov 25 2020
Jobs: Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Casilde Isabelli <isabelli
Spanish; Translation: Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Nevada, Reno
Department: World Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Nevada, USA
Web Address: https://www.unr.edu/world-languages
Job Title: Spanish (Translation Studies)
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
The Department of World Languages and Literatures at the University of Nevada, Reno invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in Spanish at the rank of assistant professor. Primary area of specialization in Translation Studies with a secondary specialization in cultural studies, linguistics, literature, or a related field. Individuals with experience in the translation industry are also encouraged to apply. This position carries a 2/3 course load per 9-month academic year. The start date is July 1, 2021.
- Teach undergraduate upper-division and graduate-level courses in Spanish, especially courses in the Translation minor track, the Spanish Through the Professions B.A. track, and the M.A. program.
- Develop courses in which translation is a key component in preparing students for the industry.
- Advise and evaluate students in the graduate (M.A.) and undergraduate programs.
- Engage in broadly defined peer-reviewed scholarship related to the field of specialty.
- Engage in service-related activities of the department, college, university, community, and profession.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Ph.D. in Spanish or equivalent specialty in hand by July 1, 2021 with a primary concentration or experience in Translation Studies and a secondary specialization in cultural studies, linguistics, literature, or a related field. Professional experience commensurate with a terminal degree will be considered.
- Demonstrate an established or clearly developing peer-reviewed scholarly agenda in any sub-area of Translation Studies.
- Demonstrated excellence in and commitment to inclusive teaching.
- Demonstrated interest in and/or familiarity with any of the following (may include but are not limited to):
- Machine translation
- Digital Humanities
- Corpus Studies
- Business, legal, medical, and/or literary translation
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively incorporate digital translation tools in the classroom.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Demonstrated excellence in student-centered teaching.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and to teach and mentor a wide and diverse range of students.
To apply, please visit the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 10-Jan-2021 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNR-external/job/University-of-Nevada-Reno---Main-Campus/Assistant-Professor--Spanish--Translation-Studies-_R0123089
Search Chair Darrell Lockhart
Page Updated: 25-Nov-2020