LINGUIST List 31.3645
Mon Nov 30 2020
Jobs: Arabic, Egyptian; Arabic, Gulf; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Data Specialist, Amazon
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Carolyn Berman <bermac
Arabic, Egyptian; Arabic, Gulf; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Data Specialist, Amazon, Massachusetts, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Amazon
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Title: Data Specialist II ASK ID
Job Rank: Data Specialist; Other
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Egyptian (arz) Arabic, Gulf (afb)
All Amazon teams and businesses, from Prime delivery to AWS, are guided by four key tenets: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.
We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses.
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company
What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Come build the future with us.
We are hiring Data Specialists to focus on language data. We value your passion for data, and your proactive behavior in solving issues with efficiency and accuracy. You are recognized as a role model for prioritizing your projects in an ever-changing environment.
In this role, you’re comfortable with, and understand, the changes to the conventions deployed in response to internal customers’ requests. You demonstrate ability to adjust your workflows accordingly and you prioritize strict compliance with regulatory requirements.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge?
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality data output within deadlines
- Work autonomously with minimum direction
- Handle unique data analysis requests from a wide range of internal customers
- Contribute to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve data output
- Dive deep into issues and implement solutions independently
- Provide quality expertise to other team members and coaching improvements
What We Offer:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
- Benefits package
- BA or BS degree in Linguistics/Computational Linguistics, or equivalent practical experience in data mark-up
- Native or near-native fluency in Egyptian or Gulf Arabic and English
- Capable of working in strict compliance with internal guidelines
- Working knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft Office/Excel, JIRA, Oracle
- Masters degree in Linguistics/Computational Linguistics, or equivalent practical experience in data mark-up
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house user-interface tools
- Experience identifying patterns and trends in large data sets
Please visit the application link provided below to apply.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1350526/data-specialist
Recruiter Carolyn Berman
Page Updated: 30-Nov-2020